9-26-14 Staples In-Store: $100 off $499+Desktops; $75 off $449+ Tablets

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member
It’s been a little while since we’ve seen some Staples coupons. I’d gotten distracted with some of the portal bonuses and feel like I kind of neglected Staples. On the other hand, they weren’t doing much to bring me back in.

So today I see some coupons in my email. Since I don’t know if these are personally trackable if I give you the link from my email, I’m going to give you the codes but if you want to print them out (I usually do) either check your email or go to this slickdeals post.

$100 off desktop PCs regularly priced $499 and above.
In-store code: 33678
Exclusions apply.
Expires 9/27/14.

$75 off tablets regularly priced $449 and above.
In-store code: 81853
Exclusions apply.
Expires 9/27/14.

Honestly, I’d prefer online coupons to get an extra 4x through the Chase UR portal and so I don’t have to go anywhere. And it’s a bummer that laptops are not included. And that it does not include clearance. And let’s face it, a $449 starting price for the tablets is steep. But remember, its the “regular” price so if you can find desktops or tablets once at the higher prices but now on sale, that’s the way to go.

Lets work with what we have. Obviously, it will depend on what your store has.

A couple of ideas:

• How about this HP core i3 desktop for $249 + tax? Not a good resale candidate as only one offered on Amazon so low sales rank.
  • Or an Asus T100 transformer for $225 – ok this is really sneaky from Staples as it is in the weekly ad for $299 but says “Display Model” in the fine print. A “new” one is $349 online, not on sale. And obviously not a good resale candidate
  • Surface 2 32gb – $275 after coupon (currently on sale for $349 with $449 as “regular” price)
  • Apple ipads – Not excluded – $499 online so $75 off should bring it to $424, but the Amazon prices on this are surprisingly low so it’s not going to work for resale. And if you wanted one I’d suggest to get a refurb at Walmart for $379..
  • Samsung tablets – $75 off helps but you can’t sell as new on Amazon, so doesn’t help enough
So, to recap this coupon might be helpful to some, especially if you need a desktop, a Surface 2, an ipad air, or a display model Asus T100, or your store has some nice markdowns on something not here.

Oh, and next week’s ad is pretty much a dud as well. I could swear 90% of the computer and tablet deals are the same as this week, unfortunately I don’t have any interns to verify it so I will just consider it factual.

My 19x Groupon Deal drops to 12x… or 9x + 8%

I wish I knew why Staples never sends their egift cards out the same day. It seems without fail that no matter what time they are ordered, they arrive early the next morning.

So my groupon egift cards of course did not arrive in time for the most recent bonus which apparently ended last night.

I did rack up quite a few miles for ordering them (9x miles by ordering with a Chase Ink through the UR portal); but my 10x for spending is down to 3x.

If you are in the same boat.. you might want to consider that the UPromise portal has 8% back through tonight, or you can wait and see if it pops up again, but then who knows what deals are out there… decisions.

Enjoy the weekend!

Continue reading...