9-18-2014 Psst, Sears VIP member, you want 2 free TV stands? Plus Am I the Worst MSer Ever?

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member
Heres the deal. If you can find these TV stands near you, Sears is offering 100,000 shop your way points (worth $100) on this item priced at $120. You can get up to 2 with these bonus points…

So how did I get $280 in rewards back?

Ok, I’ll admit to get the deal for better than free you will need the following:

• Sears VIP status (gives you 20% bonus on Alphaline)
  • A Sears store that has this TV stand in stock (delivery would be $69
  • A coupon to push your actual cost including tax below the points received. The good news is most seem to work. I had a $30 in points on $200 coupon
Choose a portal bonus… 5x Chase Ultimate rewards (double dip for 10x by first buying Sears gift cards through the portal then buying the TV stands), or perhaps 5% back at ShopDiscover or Upromise.

Or try rolling some points… Use an existing point balance to pay for almost the entire purchase (leave a few cents or a buck to pay with credit card), you should get the $100 bonus but some coupons might be worth less if they are based on the cash purchase price paid.

Use them, sell these on Craigslist or donate somewhere.. it really doesn’t matter, does it?

Just think, for 2000 points you would have paid $14 in fees buying gift cards at Staples

Am I the worst MS’er Ever? Or just unlucky

I’ve got to admit.. I want to push the huge volumes of MS that some folks manage to do, but I seem to be too many steps behind the leaders. As soon as I figure something out, it closes.

Like when they had Vanilla Reloads at Speedway

Like when they had $500 Visa cards at Office Depot

Like when EvolveMoney died (ok, technically went into a deep, deep, coma)

Like when they had Amazon payments (actually didn’t do that since I use them too much for selling)

And I have no luck with Walmarts

• The Walmart I pass on the way to work has no Kate, no money center, and customer service reps that border on hostile
  • The closest one with a Kate is a 15 min drive from work, and the Kate doesn’t usually work, and they don’t do money orders
  • I tried one on the way back from the airport today and of course the ATM mechanic was there and I was going to try OneVanillas on the Kate
It seems buying the gift cards is easy. Unloading them is the hard part (at least for me)

Now Incomm takes my money…

And while I had been using a large grocery chain to do MOs instead of Walmart a transaction failed and now Incomm has $500 of my money and I have to dispute it. The grocery chain confirms there was a system error at Incomm and the transaction never processed, and they never received the money. Incomm says that the grocery store was paid, but one rep seems to have slipped and said it hadn’t been collected yet.

So now I have to file a dispute. And somehow I think this will take longer than the 5 days Sears had my money.

Continue reading...