9-12-14 Sears VIP Day Y’all! United 15x miles Groupon Bonus TODAY; how to get up to 24x or...

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member
Did you miss the 9x AAdvantage Sears portal bonus? Well there’s always new deals coming down the pipeline.

Today and tomorrow are supposed to be Shop Your Way VIP days, where you get 5%, 10%, or 15% back in points depending on your VIP level (Silver / Gold / Platinum respectively).

The problem is that you are supposed to get an email to add the VIP coupon to your account, and I haven’t gotten the email yet. One answer to another reader asking where’s the email said to call the VIP Concierge line at 800-990-5427, which I may have to do if I don’t see it soon.

Ok, how about a Groupon Mega Portal Bonus? 15x with up to 10x upside to get to 25x!

check this out… and be warned – my email said TODAY ONLY!

15x is great, but lets do better

• You could try a double dip (buy groupon gift cards then go back and buy stuff). I don’t know if this will work (I kind of doubt it…), but you would get 30x of sweet, sweet miles
  • Wait, can’t you get Groupon gift cards at Staples? Yes, you should be able to get them in-store or even online. You can try for an online portal bonus, but good luck with that. Use your Chase Ink card and get another 5x!
  • If that doesn’t work for you you could get them at your grocery store or gas station for those rewards. These fuel points plus a 5% back grocery bonus card would be killer…. And as for the gift cards, I think you can just add the totals to your account like an Amazon gift card.
  • You can use my Groupon referral link: while it’s true you won’t get any extra cash or miles I will get $10 in Groupon Bucks and you will get an immensely satisfying feeling (try it to test it out!). C’mon, I did say “lets” do better in the title here!
Still not convinced? it gets even better… United MileagePlusShopping Mall September Bonus of 1000 miles for $225 spend:

So whatever your total miles booty is from above, it will get a little bigger (did anyone notice that pun in there?) when you combine it with the 1000 bonus miles. It would add over 4x points at $200 spend, which with the 15x from Groupon, 5x from Chase would put you at 24x points. Not too shabby..

What to buy at Groupon:

You’re on your own here for now, I see some electronics at pretty decent prices. With 20-25x miles you don’t need a 20% profit on the stuff you are selling, just check sales ranks, be careful with refurbished stuff, and put some ideas in the comments after you’ve bought your share…

Continue reading...