8-28-14 Back to School Staples Reward a Teacher Program; Staples $100 Computer Coupon; Various...

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member
Hey, do you buy a lot of stuff from Staples? I thought you might! Well why not give 2% to the teacher on top of the 5% in rewards that you get? Check out their Reward a Classroom program. You look like a nice guy (or gal), and your teacher gets something to help the kids.

The gist of it seems to be that the teacher signs up for teacher rewards, you search online for the classroom, then you link your rewards account to the teacher. Here’s a blurb from the Staples site:

Reward A Classroom is a great way parents and teachers can work together to keep classrooms stocked all year long.

When parents shop at Staples, they can earn an extra 2% back in rewards for the teacher of their choice every time they shop at Staples. That’s on top of the up to 5% back in rewards parents earn as Staples Rewards® members.

Teachers can earn up to $50 from as many as 40 parents each school year. That’s as much as $2,000 back in rewards every year.

Presumably the 2% will apply to anything that would generate Staples Rewards for you, so gift cards are out but pretty much everything else is in.

Sounds good to me.. I’m going to put it in action and see what happens. While the teacher is limited to $50 from any single Staples account, I wonder if I can delink and link to another teacher to give another $50 – we’ll see!

And this is sure easier than having kids troop around the neighbor selling those Entertainment books…

Kmart 6x Bonus through AA Shopping Mall

Fairly self-explanatory… the bonus from the Southwest portal has gone down from 6x to 3x but the AAdvantage Shopping Mall bonus has increased to 6x, which is pretty decent. If you were looking for a portal award for an aspirational AA flight this is a good opportunity, stock up on gift cards. Terms & Conditions continue to say eligible on purchases of gift cards.

Sears 6x Bonus through Alaska Shopping Mall and 5x through Chase UR

If you prefer Sears, these are the best bonuses. Note that cashbackmonitor is unreliable with Sears and Kmart bonuses through Ultimate Rewards as it is showing 3x for Sears while I get 5x when I log into UR. I’m not sure if the UR bonus varies based on individuals credit cards, but worth checking in addition to cashbackmonitor.

Staples Coupons: $100 off Computer Coupon

Coming in next weeks ad. Works on ipads too! Excludes clearance.

There is currently a $100 coupon on clearance computers and tablets, but good luck finding any as on-line and stores by me were cleaned out. So this coupon may be better, we’ll see come Sunday.

Also there is a Staples in-store 10% off one item coupon (click here)

News Roundup

CNN: FBI Investigating JP Morgan Hack (likely Russian involvement). Hey, Russians – please cut it out. Please try to stay Chase-y, comrades. Tomorrow’s headline: Blogs recommending you apply for all new credit cards so you can get pristine “un-hacked” credit card numbers.

CNN also reported on America’s Favorite Credit cards per JD Powers Ranking of Credit Card Issuers

Here’s the results:

1. American Express, Discover
  2. Chase
  3. Barclaycard
  4. U.S. Bank
  5. Wells Fargo
  6. Bank of America
  7. Capital One
  8. Citi
  9. GE Capital Retail Bank
Continue reading...