8-12-14 Ain’t No Reselling Going On Right Now for Me… A BH Trip Report… Staples $75 Clearance...

B

bighabitat

Aloha everybody. Can anyone guess where I am? Ok then, well which island Mr. or Mrs. Smarty Pants? Hint, its the biggest one. So now you can understand why my resale activity and posts have temporarily died down.

And I’m already seeing wondrous things that I haven’t seen before, like a Walmart moneycenter kiosk. Yes, it’s true I haven’t seen one in person before. I hear I should be especially grateful it appeared to be powered on and working. And there is a Safeway and CVS nearby… are you kidding? Is this remote island actually better for MS than the Detroit Metro area?

Am I staying in a posh suite paid for through points? Complimentary breakfast buffets and evenings enjoying cocktails in a Diamond Lounge? Nope, I’m on a Hilton timeshare preview package. $1500 for six nights in a 2BR timeshare which also included a rental car (nice!), a $200 stay a night on us certificate (i’ll take it!) and 10,000 Hilton points (yawn…). I just had the required presentation and they didn’t even try to present prices after they figured out that if I were going to buy one I would buy resale. I commend Hilton on their low-pressure presentation. They would never survive in the travel and mile blog space!

BigHabitat In Progress Trip Report:

• There sure are a lot of volcanic rocks on the west side of Hawaii. It’s pretty much all you see.
  • The timeshare is pretty nice. Modern, clean, reasonably spacious
  • There are some really nice beached near the hotel. We went to Hapuna Beach this morning and it was fantastic, smooth sand, big waves, easy parking, not too crowded
  • Bubba Gump Shrimp Company in Kona may be a chain you could get anywhere but they have a great view and good kids meals
  • Hawaiian tourist site names are way too similar and hard to tell apart sometimes
  • Apparently there is a very large volcano on the island which we will go see tomorrow
Phew, that was exhausting. Now you can see why trip reports aren’t my blog specialty. Maybe Saverocity should get more blogs that focus on this sort of thing. Wait, we did and American Travel Project is doing a much better job at describing travel on the Big Island in this post.

Staples $75 Off Clearance Tablets or Computers. Does it Work on Nexus 7?

OK, I couldn’t help looking around. Staples has a $75 off clearance computers on their coupon page. Note that the terms and conditions don’t state a minimum purchase requirement:

Valid online at staples.com®, by phone at 1-800-333-3330 or in Staples® U.S. stores. Discount applies to clearance PCs and tablets only. Excludes Daily Deals. Limit one coupon per customer, nontransferable. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards.

Online the 32gb Nexus 7 is shown as clearance but the coupon won’t apply. Could be worth going online for a price match or buying in store. Price is $259 on Amazon. Price is the same on Staples before coupon.

Likewise the Galaxy tab 3 Lite 7″ tablet for $139 is also a clearance item in stock online where the coupon won’t apply. Net price if the $75 coupon could be applied would be about $65.. that would be sweet indeed.

While getting Staples to honor their own coupon could be very YMMV these might be worth trying if you are in a Staples.

Continue reading...