7-20-15 Groupon Coupon / Insane Dell TV deals with Discover Double Cashback / The Dell...

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member

Big Ebay Gift card sale

First if you didn’t see my retweet from orensmoneysaver.com check out his site for a recap. Another good summary is MilestoMemories writeup. Both these guys have this sale well covered, and it is a good sale.

I tried for Staples but got nixed by the unpublished volume limits.

Was able to buy some Gamestop cards, so if you get blocked you could try something else.

Groupon 10% off Goods Deals

Use code HOT3. Good for up to 3 uses, but only 1 unit per transaction. So remember to place 3 orders with one item each to maximize the coupon.

Things to buy: Computers, laptops, game consoles, and of course Apple products. Not much in consoles at the moment that would make a profit. I got tired of checking all the computers because of so many damn refurbs. Make sure they are new, not refurbs unless you are intending to get refurbs. I’m going to go with a few ipod touches (example, 5th gen 64gb black $285 – 10% coupon, sells for $350 on Amazon now – I’m sure will come down before you get yours in but worth considering).

Make it better… go through a portal (Discover Deals 5%>doubled in July ’16 for some).

Make it even better… use gift cards (supermarkets for category bonus plus fuel points, Office supply stores for category bonus).

Discover Deals offers 10% cash back for Dell

That is a sweet percentage by itself, much less if you recently got a Discover It card they are doubling the cashback earned in the first 12 months, so 10% becomes 20%!

Now wait for it….

Delirious Dell Deals with Discover Deals Double Dineroback

Perhaps I stretched trying to make that headline an alliteration, but who cares?

Some of you folks may be on the Dell epromo gift card merry-go-round. This is when you find a deal that has a big dollar epromo gift card expiring in 90 days and basically have to keep buying stuff offering epromo gift cards so the current one doesn’t expire…

And instead of a brass ring, Dell will probably at some point decide you are a reseller and refuse to issue the epromo certificate. Exciting! Hasn’t happened to me yet.. However, I’ve heard from readers before who have and I believe there is an unpublished limit (perhaps 10 epromo certs per year or the like) so I try to save them for bigger items, and rotate between categories if I can.

So if you are on this merry-go-round.. here’s a good deal to keep it rolling. If you’re not on the merry-go-round, it’s a good time to start. If you just need a TV, fantastic.

Let’s look at some sample deals:

So these are pretty good size epromo cards for the price, the Samsung TV at bottom left is a whopping 50% of the sales price!! And if you figure that you would ultimately get another 20% in discover cashback, that is pretty nice, indeed.

Basic math using $250 as the price: $250 + tax (call it $15) = $265 less $125 epromo cert less $25 Discover cash now and $25 later means a net cost of $90 for the TV.

Now keep in mind you can’t sell any of these (LG, Samsung, Sony) for new on Amazon. Some you can’t even sell as used. But you can sell used-like new with this Samsung, and the new price is $248 with no prime offers in used for the #206 ranked item in electronics. And a 32 inch TV is pretty manageable in size (20 lbs). Amazon fees are about $32 assuming a $232 sales price.

The Sony 40″ TV would be killer, $448 + tax (call it $27) = $475 less $200 epromo cert less $90 total Discover cashback ($45 now then doubled later) = ~$185. This one you definitely can’t sell at all on Amazon!

Of course this assumes you get full value from the epromo certificate. Welcome aboard the merry-go-round…

…. cue Hotel California music …

Continue reading...