7-19-15 Visa Checkout $50 off $200 at Staples; Dell Core I3 tablet for $250+tax; Back to...

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member

Visa Checkout $50 off $200

This is a very cool offer that works on most items at Staples.com. Just go to the checkout page and you should see

Here are the terms and conditions:

Limited time offer. Valid online at staples.com® when you pay with Visa Checkout only. Not valid in store. Limit one coupon per customer, nontransferable. Minimum purchase requirement of $200. Tax and shipping not included in calculating the minimum purchase. No cash/credit back. Not valid on any AppleCare® Protection Plans, Beats™, Bose®, Canon® ink, Epson® ink and toner, HP ink and toner, JBL®, Roku®, SquareTrade® warranties, Staples Industrial(sm) purchases, Steelcase®, custom printing orders placed online, services, promotional products, gift cards, prior purchases or any purchases on other provider Web sites. Expires 7/24/15 or when promotional redemption limit has been reached.

Back to School Portal Bonus with Southwest (through Aug. 16)

So using this portal bonus and hitting the spend thresholds exactly you can get 3x to 4x points per dollar bonus points. All of the spending through the portal through Aug. 16 counts, regardless of store.

Portal Bonus at AAdvantage shopping (through Aug. 16)

Ok, this is basically a mirror image of the Southwest portal bonus, same period, same spending thresholds, just a minor difference in the middle spending tier where this gives 1250 and Southwest gives 1500.

Dell i3 core Laptop $250 with 2750 points

Staples has a Dell i3 core laptop for $299. It sells on Amazon for around $372. It is a hot seller, #218 in Computers and Accessories and #38 in laptops.

I’m pretty sure Sally would loooove one of those for back to school. But if not you could just resell it on Amazon.

So if you combine the Visa Checkout savings, you should get this for $250 plus tax, and get 1250 points from your Chase Ink, 1000 points from the 4x Southwest portal store bonus, and the 500 points for the portal promotion for spending more than $125.

Another idea is the Dell e2215hv monitor. $99.99 at Staples $119 on Amazon but lowest prime offer is $133. So two of these plus a small filler and you should easily pocket the $50 from the Visa Checkout promotion plus a bunch of points.

Continue reading...