6% APR for a saving MANGO account

raenye

Lever 2 Membel
Grr... got 9 "Monthly Fee Retry"s today after transferring $500 yesterday.
I'll take 5% over 1%, but 6% was nicer...

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Grr... got 9 "Monthly Fee Retry"s today after transferring $500 yesterday.
I'll take 5% over 1%, but 6% was nicer...
Yea I got hit with the monthly fee retries when I did my $500 transfer as well. Surprisingly, they only hit me with 5, i.e. the ones I missed this year only. Well, it was fun to get the no fees while it lasted but I'm OK with paying back what I tried to cheat LOL. Like you said, it's still good to get the 5%, especially after the Netspend changes. Now that one REALLY hurts!

RRD

Level 2 Member
<celebration begin>
All these months I used to leave behind a few cents towards the fees. I have not been hit with fee retries for these months.
<celebration end>

If they try to reclaim partially paid fees, I will post an update.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
<celebration begin>
All these months I used to leave behind a few cents towards the fees. I have not been hit with fee retries for these months.
<celebration end>

If they try to reclaim partially paid fees, I will post an update.
Two questions. 1 - Did they take these few cents in the past when they went to take the fee? 2 - Have you put money into the prepaid side since this month started?

RRD

Level 2 Member
Two questions. 1 - Did they take these few cents in the past when they went to take the fee? 2 - Have you put money into the prepaid side since this month started?
1. Yes. 2. Yes, the fee retry entry does exist for this month if that is what you wanted to know.

RRD

Level 2 Member
So how many months back did they go to retry the fee? Just last month?
This month they retried twice - once for July and once for June - for some reason they did not deduct the fee for the month of June from my account.

henrygeorge

Level 2 Member
I called Alliant. They've said Sunrise is rejecting the transfer because "account does not exist". Alliant read the account back to me, and it's absolutely correct. I'm trying to link to Checking. Am I doing this wrong? I haven't yet opened the Savings as I wanted to move the money first.

madage

Level 2 Member
I called Alliant. They've said Sunrise is rejecting the transfer because "account does not exist". Alliant read the account back to me, and it's absolutely correct. I'm trying to link to Checking. Am I doing this wrong? I haven't yet opened the Savings as I wanted to move the money first.
How old is your Mango account? If it predates the switch to Visa, try routing # 114994196. If your account has always been a Visa, I think you need to use routing # 091017138. Also ensure you're using the account number on the direct deposit form, not the card number.

henrygeorge

Level 2 Member
How old is your Mango account? If it predates the switch to Visa, try routing # 114994196. If your account has always been a Visa, I think you need to use routing # 091017138. Also ensure you're using the account number on the direct deposit form, not the card number.
New Mango. Opened in June. I'm using the correct Routing/Account- from my DD form.
I tried linking Capital One 360 last night. This morning Cap1 sent me an email:
We just want to confirm that a change was made to your external linked checking account.
This usually happens because of a recent merger or acquisition by your local bank. They provide us with the new info so we can update the bank name, account and/or routing numbers of your external linked checking account on our side.
To verify your updated linked account information, sign in to capitalone360.com and select the 'External Accounts' tab. You may also want to contact your local bank directly to make sure the request was initiated by them.
It seems Mango is actively blocking P2P links. They accepted a DD from a portal this week to the same Account/Routing. Of course Mango agents are absolutely useless.

hooha23

Level 2 Member
Has anyone attempted to register and receive interest on multiple insight visa cards (an alternative to Mango/Netspend)? I have 3 so far, but it keeps saying that it cannot register a 4th for me on the website. Unsure if the 3 will get interest or not, but we shall see.

haserfauld

Level 2 Member
New terms kill this as we know it.

Code:
https://www.mangomoney.com/customer-agreements/mango-savings-change-in-terms-letter-effective-9116/

madage

Level 2 Member
New terms kill this as we know it.

Code:
https://www.mangomoney.com/customer-agreements/mango-savings-change-in-terms-letter-effective-9116/
Looks like you can ACH $800 in and use the prepaid card to get the higher rate. Increases the monthly fee a bit, but still profitable.

haserfauld

Level 2 Member
Looks like you can ACH $800 in and use the prepaid card to get the higher rate. Increases the monthly fee a bit, but still profitable.
Alternatively, ACH in and out every other month. Net 3% account. Schedule in the 30th, out the 1st, to minimize time of your $800 being out of your 1% account.

henrygeorge

Level 2 Member
When they see all these $800.70 pin txns, they're going to change the requirement to minimum # of txns, or require it be credit txn. My bet is Jan 2017.

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
Do they have swipe charges on this card for PIN transactions? Thinking I could use this to pay my electric bill at the grocery store, and maybe bill pay a couple other things for a good chunk of money, and then get an MO when the rest builds up to 1000..

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Alternatively, ACH in and out every other month. Net 3% account. Schedule in the 30th, out the 1st, to minimize time of your $800 being out of your 1% account.
I plan to ACH in and MO out monthly
ACHing out though will net you only 2% interest. You will fail to meet the "net direct deposit" amount. It would be the same as if you never did the $800 ACH in. As someone vaguely mentioned above, the only option is to use the prepaid card (which I need to reorder) and spend "$800.70". Well I would spend exactly $800 with the fee buried in that.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
When they see all these $800.70 pin txns, they're going to change the requirement to minimum # of txns, or require it be credit txn. My bet is Jan 2017.
LOL. Yea it's probably going to go south fast. However until then, I'm going to milk this debit transaction.

haserfauld

Level 2 Member
ACHing out though will net you only 2% interest. You will fail to meet the "net direct deposit" amount. It would be the same as if you never did the $800 ACH in. As someone vaguely mentioned above, the only option is to use the prepaid card (which I need to reorder) and spend "$800.70". Well I would spend exactly $800 with the fee buried in that.
I was referring to ACH in month 1, ACH out month 2. Earning 6%/2%/6%/2% etc. Assuming the "net" is per month and not a running total.

madage

Level 2 Member
I thought the new terms didn't go into effect until September 1? I only got 2% on my savings account for the month of August with my normal $500 in, $500+interest out.

RRD

Level 2 Member
Though the $800 net requirements were supposed to go into effect starting Sept 1, I only got 2% for the month of August!

madage

Level 2 Member
I read elsewhere Mango is calling it a "system error" and we should see the missing interest in two days. We'll see. I think I'm done with Mango. Less work and more reward to get easy bonuses like the $400 Citi checking bonus that was available in August.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
I read elsewhere Mango is calling it a "system error" and we should see the missing interest in two days. We'll see. I think I'm done with Mango. Less work and more reward to get easy bonuses like the $400 Citi checking bonus that was available in August.
LOL Citi isn't any better unless you are targeted for the bonus. I've lost the battle twice over for getting my 50k AA miles from them from last year.