6% APR for a saving MANGO account

Mountainmanduy

Level 2 Member
Honestly I dont have the Union prepaid card, so I cannot say if you can transfer everything via card2card. Maybe others can comment on that. I only got mangos.

raenye

Lever 2 Membel
Honestly I dont have the Union prepaid card, so I cannot say if you can transfer everything via card2card. Maybe others can comment on that. I only got mangos.
My statement above was not a question; I did C2C transfers between mango & union. It makes it easier to take out the interest.

fr33b13

Silver Member

Dave

Level 2 Member
Using the old routing # I was able to transfer money into the new Visa acct, but could not ACH it back out ("account frozen" error). It's weird because they list the old routing # under the direct deposit info on the new website. Time to try the new #.

fr33b13

Silver Member
Using the old routing # I was able to transfer money into the new Visa acct, but could not ACH it back out ("account frozen" error). It's weird because they list the old routing # under the direct deposit info on the new website. Time to try the new #.
Interested to find out if it works for you! Thanks for the data points!

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
I used my Sallie Mae bank account to ACH money in, and I got a text from Mango saying a direct deposit was received. I'm assuming it should work to go back out. Since I'm new to this card, can someone clear up something please? When I get the DD onto my Mango card, do I need to then move 500 from the card to the Savings account for it to properly qualify for the 6%? Just want to make sure I'm clear on the fine print.

fr33b13

Silver Member
I used my Sallie Mae bank account to ACH money in, and I got a text from Mango saying a direct deposit was received. I'm assuming it should work to go back out. Since I'm new to this card, can someone clear up something please? When I get the DD onto my Mango card, do I need to then move 500 from the card to the Savings account for it to properly qualify for the 6%? Just want to make sure I'm clear on the fine print.
Yes, You need to move the money into the savings account to get the 6% interest.

Dave

Level 2 Member
Has anyone had success ACH'ing out of the new Mango? If so, what bank? I tried with Provident and it didn't work for me, using both new and old routing info.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
I think I read your question differently than previous poster. Your $500 DD only activates the 6% interest. You do not have to move "that" money to savings to get 6% i.e. if you already have $5000 in your savings.

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
Has anyone had success ACH'ing out of the new Mango? If so, what bank? I tried with Provident and it didn't work for me, using both new and old routing info.
I linked the Mango card to Redbird.. I haven't actually moved anything out yet, but I was thinking I would just do an online debit every month to balance the account back to 5k.

madage

Level 2 Member
I linked the Mango card to Redbird.. I haven't actually moved anything out yet, but I was thinking I would just do an online debit every month to balance the account back to 5k.
I linked my Mango debit card to Serve a long time ago. That lasted one load before Serve blocked my card and I had to call and be chastised for using a prepaid debit card.

RRD

Level 2 Member
Yeah, apparently ACHing out is not working any more.

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
I have successfully ACH'ed out from Mango to Sallie Mae Bank. It looked like this:
Sep-08-2015 1409 ACH Unload - SALLIE MAE BANK (TRANSFER) $513.23
Hope this helps some folks!

I have successfully ACH'ed out from Mango to Sallie Mae Bank. It looked like this:
Since yours is the first report I have seen of a successful ACH pull since 9/1, can you please answer these questions:

1) was your account transitioned from a MasterCard account to a Visa account? Or is it a brand new Visa account (applied for once applications reopened in August)? Or have you not transitioned your account from MasterCard to Visa at all?

2) If it is a Visa account that has been transitioned from a MasterCard account, did you use the original First Bank & Trust routing/account information or the new Sunrise Bank routing/account information that came with your new Visa card when linking the account to your Sallie Mae account?

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Have you seen the money come out of your Mango account? A few reports on Fat wallet about ACH pull working but money still in Mango account. Once person was charged a fee by their bank due to "closed" account

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
Since yours is the first report I have seen of a successful ACH pull since 9/1, can you please answer these questions:

1) was your account transitioned from a MasterCard account to a Visa account? Or is it a brand new Visa account (applied for once applications reopened in August)? Or have you not transitioned your account from MasterCard to Visa at all?

2) If it is a Visa account that has been transitioned from a MasterCard account, did you use the original First Bank & Trust routing/account information or the new Sunrise Bank routing/account information that came with your new Visa card when linking the account to your Sallie Mae account?
1. I opened my account only recently, when it was reopened to new members. So, it is a brand new Visa.
2. I used the Sunrise Bank routing/account information to link with Sallie Mae.

I copied what the transaction looked like on Mango above, and here is what it looked like in Sallie Mae:

09/08/2015
Requested transfer from SUN RISE BANKS, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION DDA account XXXXXXXXXXXX
$0.00
$513.23

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
Have you seen the money come out of your Mango account? A few reports on Fat wallet about ACH pull working but money still in Mango account. Once person was charged a fee by their bank due to "closed" account
Here is what it shows me for balance information on Mango:

Balance (Holds): $3.34 (0.00)
Also see above post on what it looks like as a transaction in Mango & Sallie Mae. Not sure what other banks will work.

madage

Level 2 Member
I think the lesson here to those with a Visa converted from MC is to just hang on until we're cleared to use the new Sunrise routing number. It appears ACH pulls will then work as we're used to.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
1. I opened my account only recently, when it was reopened to new members. So, it is a brand new Visa.
2. I used the Sunrise Bank routing/account information to link with Sallie Mae.

I copied what the transaction looked like on Mango above, and here is what it looked like in Sallie Mae:

09/08/2015
Requested transfer from SUN RISE BANKS, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION DDA account XXXXXXXXXXXX
$0.00
$513.23
Oh ok. Yea there was a report of it working for someone on Fat Wallet that opened a new account. I'm looking for data points though of people who converted and use the old routing number.

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
Money was held a few days, but has been successfully ACHed to Sallie Mae.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
So use the routing + account #'s and do an external transfer from my bank to there, right?
Same exact way you ACH money to any other bank account so yes. However make sure you use the exact DD information given and not your card number as the account number.

vinyalwhl

Level 7 Panda Tamer and All-round Good Guy
Quick question: do two 250$ DDs count towards the 500$DD or does it have to be a 500$ DD

madage

Level 2 Member

I have a transitioned account and can now report ACH push and pull is working again with the original FB&T routing number.