6-20-15 A sweet new Amex Sync Offer, a 5x use $75 off $250 Staples, Home Depot (some Bus...

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member

Here is IMHO one of the best Amex Sync deals ever… a 5 use $75 off $250 at your choice of some key stores including Home Depot and Staples.

This seems to be targeted on Business cards only. I was 1 for 2 bus cards, my Gold card had it but my shiny new Bus Platinum didn’t – which is still in my opinion fortunate to bat 50% on this one.

You need to look for the offer titled “Stock Up and Save for Your Business”

Here are the full terms & conditions:

Details
Get a $75 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $250+ in-store at BevMo, Gordon Food Service, The Home Depot, Jetro/Restaurant Depot, Staples, or Total Wine & More by 8/14/2015. Limit 5 statement credits. See terms.
Terms
Valid in-store only. Excludes phone orders. Valid at any participating location in the US. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 5 statement credits per American Express online account. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Staples Exclusions: Quill, Smilemaker, Staples Business Advantage, Staples 4 Government, Staples Toner Services, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Promotional Products, Staples Print Solutions, Staples Contract and Commercial, Staples App Center, Staples Industrial, Staples Book Rental, and Staples Simplexity. Home Depot Exclusions: Your Other Warehouse, HD Direct, Decorators Collection, and At Home Services are excluded. Home Depot Foundation is excluded. Home Depot Car Washes and Gas Stations are excluded. Custom Blinds are excluded. Jetro/Restaurant Depot: Please note that Jetro/Restaurant Depot membership is required in order to shop at Jetro/Restaurant Depot. To sign up for membership, visit: www.restaurantdepot.com/amex. For merchants that sell alcohol: Void where prohibited. Card Member is solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws related to purchase and resale of alcohol. Purchases may not be used for personal consumption and are subject to restrictions imposed by seller. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/14/2015, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: BTYK:0001
Southwest 10x portal bonus at Sears

This has been going for a few days, but I don’t recommend this if you have a Discover card, as that is paying 10% and doubling. But if you are close to Companion Pass status and need the points is still pretty darn good.
Ipad mini deal at Groupon

This deal was supposed to end yesterday… but it lives – apparently extended for another 10 days. This Ipad mini priced at $179.99 at Groupon sells for around $245 on Amazon.
There is a limit of 5, and Groupon has shut people down for not abiding by coupon and volume limit rules and Apple products always seem to get more scrutiny – so just be aware.
Of course you should go through a portal to get this, but you can also rack up some miles by buying Groupon gift cards first. You can buy egift cards on Staples and earn 5x Ink points.. but they will typically be delivered the next morning. You could get 5% back plus fuel points by buying at a supermarket. You could also go through ebay and buy Groupon egiftcards from Paypal Digital gifts, this should give you 5x points with a Chase Ink card but you will be subject to all their unpublished volume limits. The choice is yours.
Price match to Staples?

Staples has this as well. I doubt they would price match to a Groupon sale, but you could try. It’s online only apparently. I would try, but I was already warned on too many online ipad purchases. And I’m not sure if they would match to Groupon on principle. But if you have success.. let us know.
Oh, and one more thing…

Staples has Visa gift cards on sale this coming week starting tomorrow. That means when you stack the Amex deal you will be getting $95 back on a $300 or more purchase of gift cards (less $13.90 in fees… but still, that’s pretty darn good!)

Continue reading...

Miles

Level 2 Member
I got this offer on a Delta biz card. Immediately went to Staples, made 5 separate purchases of 2 $200 GCs plus a random small item. The cashier didn't blink an eye at this odd request.

When I got home I saw five "Congrats! You just used your Amex Offer" emails saying that I would get $75 credits within 90 days after the promotion ends. Sweet!