50K Southwest offer

smittytabb

Staff member
I've been reading a lot lately about Southwest and Companion Pass success and failure. If you are looking for a way to get 50K with a Chase CC, I found a way today, but it is somewhat limited. I am at DAL Love Field today and there is a kiosk set up in the airport where you can apply for the Chase SW card and get 50K rather than the regular public offer. I asked if I could have the pamphlet to see which personal card it was, but the employee only had one and she was using it like a prop to encourage people to stop. I asked if I could get the info and just apply later and you had to apply at the computer set up at the kiosk in order to get the 50K. So if any of you are desperate to find a 50K offer, there is one out there. I would be interested if anyone has seen this in any other airport or if it is just here at DAL because it is the "home" of Southwest Airlines. Also, so you know locals, it is past security in the terminal.

EDIT: Just went back and chatted up the rep. The card is the Personal Premier which currently has a 25K public offer. Rep wasn't sure if it was being offered at other airports or not and she did not have a list. Immediate answer in 7 minutes if you apply. I have no desire to apply for this card right now, but if I did I am sure there is no better offer out there right now.

smittytabb

Staff member
They were promoting them at MDW as well today. Both at DAL and MDW they told me I had to apply at the airport to get the 50K. You could also apply inflight for the 50K on the free wifi for WN.

So I now see that DoC is reporting the 50K is being offered for all the cards. So, the front line employees at the airport dont' know this.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
CLE and EWR near United gates were pushing the United card for 30k on Saturday. Didn't see SW anywhere, but it's probably concourse/gate specific.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
I saw them at MSP, MDW, and DCA, on our trip to DC last month. The people at the MDW booth were particularly enthusiastic. :)

smittytabb

Staff member
CLE and EWR near United gates were pushing the United card for 30k on Saturday. Didn't see SW anywhere, but it's probably concourse/gate specific.
30K for United is not best offer out there. In the AA concourse at ORD they are always selling AA credit cards with weak offers. What caught my eye today, and yes, @knick1959 it clearly is only in the areas where the gates of those airlines operate, was the fact that the Southwest offer was better than I was seeing elsewhere (at least until today's new news that it was back at 50K).

Disc Golf Guy

Level 2 Member
I also saw this recently at MDW. The kiosk and sales person were set up near where we were sitting waiting for our flight and it was quite entertaining to hear the various responses from people. I was surprised how many people said they already had the card, and were flying that day using their SW points. One guy even mentioned having the companion pass.

kellybme

Level 2 Member
The kiosks have been in DEN terminal C for a long time. A lot of times they will have the offer in a pamphlet of the seat pocket on Southwest flights as well.

nickel285

Level 2 Member
I see them at PHX all the time. Has anyone noticed if you can apply for the business versions at the kiosk?

kellybme

Level 2 Member
I see them at PHX all the time. Has anyone noticed if you can apply for the business versions at the kiosk?
Last time I played dumb at the kiosk they were only offering the personal premier ($99 annual fee card). That was about a year ago.

Allen Chung

Level 2 Member
The 50k Premier offer is public & via referral (which I can give you! PLEASE!! I need the CP! :D)
The 50k Plus offer is referral only, which was valid as of 27 days ago.
The 50k Business Premier is public.