$50 Apple GC with iPad or iPhone purchase, $100 Apple GC with Mac purchase at Apple Store online

projectx

Level 2 Member

Matchmee

Level 2 Member
You do know that you can get iPads for much cheaper then just 30 off correct? Are you putting this in here as a good deal because of buying a bunch of them and then returning the merch while keeping the giftcards? If not, I suggest you return your item and buy the iPad for much cheaper at Best Buy.

projectx

Level 2 Member
Matchmee- I didn't go through with the purchase, I just went to check out to see how many items you could buy. Yes, $30 isn't a big deal, and you can find a similar deal elsewhere. Although the base iPad mini at Best Buy is currently $300... unless I'm missing a something. I guess if you want to buy the mobile hotspot to save $100 that's a good way to go. The $50 gift card though is nice for someone looking to stock up on more Apple related products. I viewed the combination as $80 off which is why I posted it. If there's a better way to go about it, I'm all for it! :)

Last edited:

projectx

Level 2 Member
At least the OP was clear on his intent to just return the iPad's and keep the GC's :)
LOL... actually that wasn't my intent, and I didn't purchase anything. I didn't even think of that angle... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :) Personally I think doing so crosses a line, but that's just me.

Matchmee

Level 2 Member
At least the OP was clear on his intent to just return the iPad's and keep the GC's :)
OP never said that, I just asked him if that's why he thought it was a good deal. I wouldn't do it either, but since there have been better deals and very similar deals from Target and Best Buy I figured this might be his angle.

Matchmee- I didn't go through with the purchase, I just went to check out to see how many items you could buy. Yes, $30 isn't a big deal, and you can find a similar deal elsewhere. Although the base iPad mini at Best Buy is currently $300... unless I'm missing a something. I guess if you want to buy the mobile hotspot to save $100 that's a good way to go. The $50 gift card though is nice for someone looking to stock up on more Apple related products. I viewed the combination as $80 off which is why I posted it. If there's a better way to go about it, I'm all for it! :)
ProjectX- there have been better deals from Best Buy and Target- 199 (in June) for the baseline iPad without Retina. Though this is a deal, I wouldn't suggest getting it at this price from Apple. I would wait for Target or Best Buy to offer some back to school prices. In the stores Best Buy has been offering better deals then online. I bought my iPad Mini Retina from Best Buy at the end of June for about 150 off- 100 off in store and I had a 50 back on Amex. Wait for it!

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
And don't forget the 10% Best Buy Mover's Coupon! And also the $50 off iPad Student discount coupon from Best Buy!!!

At Best Buy: PM a retailer, then stack with the $50 Student discount (must have .edu address), then the 10% off USPS Movers coupon for slickdeal.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
OT: I bought a 3TB Apple Time Capsule the other day ... on sale for $359.99 ... stacked with the 10% movers coupon (cashier had to do some work to make the 10% off stick).... $323.99 pre-tax. Plus $25 AmEx statement credit :)

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
I'm just waiting for a good drop on a 13" MacBook Pro Retina so I can replace my MacBook Pro.