40% Cash Back on AGC

DRSP

Level 2 Member
I'm in for $3k on my arrival card. I'm taking a $6 gamble (Fees+Shipping-Cash Back) on a potential $1200 payout.

SeanPIT

Level 2 Member
Assuming it doesn't pay out, will HooplaDoopla likely pay anything if enough people complain? I imagine things like this have happened before.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming it doesn't pay out, will HooplaDoopla likely pay anything if enough people complain? I imagine things like this have happened before.
Frankly I would cease all speculation as to them not paying out, all that does is potentially provide exits for a company to use. Even my comment 'likely a mistake' is a bad thing to do, I put it in because I was sure to see everyone saying 'its a mistake!!!' the more people that say it is a mistake and that they won't pay out, the more likely it is to happen, and speculation as to what they might offer in compensation allows an insight into what people would accept in a BATNA situation.

I recommend this approach for anything, akin to the 4 UA miles to Asia etc. And I am not getting into a moral discussion about this or that, but if you ARE going to try this, mum is the word!

I've upgraded your account to look at the non-indexed areas - you can talk all you like there, since it (one hopes) is not being read by the company in question.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Good luck proving you didn't know it was a mistake.

Just like any cash back portal. They don't have to pay out seeing AMEX sure as hell isn't going to be paying them that amount.

smittytabb

Staff member
If you are going to do it, use the conga line in our forum found here:
I processed a few orders because what is there to lose if they don't pay anything? KrisFlyer is paying on a mistake points deal they did in June.
http://saverocity.com/forum/threads/hoopla-doopla-conga.1819/
I used @GRUENER 's link and did not have a chance to post mine in the conga. That being said, I think that it would have been important to state that the person who refers you gets 20% of what your friend earns for their shopping in perpetuity. That kind of disclosure should be on a conga line so people know what they are choosing. I would have to think twice about who I give that referral to given the terms and conditions of it.

Jeff C

Level 2 Member
My hoopla doopla account appears to have been deleted - I receive an error when attempting to login and the password reset emails never arrive. Anyone one else having similar experience?

Jeff C

Level 2 Member
Received below from hoopla doopla.

Dear Member,

Welcome to Hoopla Doopla! We hope this email finds you well.

It has been brought to our attention that on Thursday, September 4th, an internet message board post had stated that our website, www.hoopladoopla.com, was offering 40% cash back on American Express Gift Card purchases. While this offering was indeed on our website, the post on the message board did NOT state the terms and conditions of the offer, which was that "Cash back is paid only on media buys." (See screenshot of our site below.)

We received numerous orders on American Express Gift Cards throughout the day in which we were not paid any commissions, due to the fact that the gift cards purchased did not meet the terms and conditions listed on our website.

We are deeply sorry to inform any of you who were misled by this offer. For your convenience and understanding of future purchases, we list any Terms and Conditions of our merchants on our site.

To avoid any further confusion in this matter, we have temporarily deactivated American Express Gift Cards from our website directory.

- The Hoopla Doopla Staff

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Received below from hoopla doopla.

Dear Member,

Welcome to Hoopla Doopla! We hope this email finds you well.

It has been brought to our attention that on Thursday, September 4th, an internet message board post had stated that our website, www.hoopladoopla.com, was offering 40% cash back on American Express Gift Card purchases. While this offering was indeed on our website, the post on the message board did NOT state the terms and conditions of the offer, which was that "Cash back is paid only on media buys." (See screenshot of our site below.)

We received numerous orders on American Express Gift Cards throughout the day in which we were not paid any commissions, due to the fact that the gift cards purchased did not meet the terms and conditions listed on our website.

We are deeply sorry to inform any of you who were misled by this offer. For your convenience and understanding of future purchases, we list any Terms and Conditions of our merchants on our site.

To avoid any further confusion in this matter, we have temporarily deactivated American Express Gift Cards from our website directory.

- The Hoopla Doopla Staff
Wow - I bet that they made a profit on this too... EDIT - they say they didn't earn any commission... I guess they wouldn't outright lie about that.

Last edited:

SeanPIT

Level 2 Member
So they only offer the cash back if you're buying the gift card to purchase advertising time/space?

SeanPIT

Level 2 Member
At least it says explicitly, "Cash back is not available for Gift Cards."

I'm waiting for the 100% cash back for American Express Gift Cards special to start. Then I'll be a happy camper. Who knows, maybe we'll see 140% back!

loves2fly

Gold Member
The moment I read it, I knew it was one of those Too Good to be True so watch out. I thought about it at first on how much I'd 'gamble' and what IF they paid as promised? But then, I remembered AGCs are no longer accepted as payment for VGCs online and I don't do amazon ALR so I passed.