4-19-15 Staples $30 off $150 with Visa Checkout, $100 off Ipad 2 or Ipad Mini 3; The Sears...

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member

$100 off Ipad 2 or Ipad Mini 3

Pretty self explanatory, use coupon code 68428. In-store only.

But is it a resale deal?

Sweet spots would be as follows (prices shown for Staples and Amazon, Amazon varies by color and of course the exact price changes frequently):

• Ipad Air 2 16gb – I wouldn’t bother $499 less $100 = $399 plus tax. But… Amazon price is around $430-$435 already. Not enough to work with, especially with some better options
  • Ipad Air 2 32gb. Sells for $599 less $100 = $499 plus tax. On Amazon it’s ~$572 and sells fast. Real fast
  • Ipad Mini 3 16gb: Sells for $399 less $100 = $299 plus tax. Amazon has it for $351-$365. Works for me!
  • Ipad Mini 3 64gb: Staples has it for $499 less $100 = $399. Amazon has it for $467-$479. Another winner!
  • What? You wanted more? Sorry, that’s about all they carry in store that you can use the coupon on
Staples Visa Checkout $30 off $150

Ok, the ipad coupon is nice if you want to go to the store, but of course who wants to do that (hint, you should, to pick up Visa / Mastercard gift cards and get a $20 rebate on $300, but I digress..)

Well, if you absolutely want to shop online, here’s a nice little bonus for you

Remember, this says regular priced items so it may not work with sale items and coupons and I haven’t tested it much but I plan to.

Curiously, Apple is not one of the exclusions:

Limited–time offer. Valid online at staples.com® when you pay with Visa Checkout only. Not valid in store. Limit one coupon per customer, nontransferable. Minimum purchase requirement of $150 must be met with purchases of regular–priced items to which no other coupon or instant savings offer applies. Tax and shipping not included in calculating the minimum purchase. May not be combined with any other coupon. No cash/credit back. Not valid on any SKU 513096, Beats™, Bose®, Canon® ink, Epson® ink and toner, HP ink and toner, JBL®, Roku®, SquareTrade® warranties, Staples Industrialsm purchases, Steelcase®, custom printing orders placed online, services, promotional products, gift cards, prior purchases or any purchases on other provider websites. Expires 4/24/15 or while supplies last.

The Sears Grind

Yes, Sears has fantastic portal bonuses. Yes, we all know that deals suck. To make things work, you need to use the Sears double dip (e.g., buy gift cards at huge portal bonus, then buy stuff with huge portal bonus), and still find big points back deals, and hopefully use coupons.

Well, if you can scrape up a $10 off $50 coupon, you could make this Nakamichi headphone deal work (from their “hot deals” page:

I mean, they eventually do sell and net you $10 bucks or more, but damn, it’s painful to eke these out 1 deal and 1 coupon at a time. And yes, if you buy Sears gift cards at a discount you would definitely squeeze out a few more bucks, but I’m hoping something better comes along.

Continue reading...

sriki

Level 2 Member
FYI,

Apple iPad Air 2 with WiFi 64GB, Space Gray is $539 online (marked down from $599) + tax. I could not add any other coupons (other may have better luck). It also looks like you can take off another $30 with Visa checkout. The same ipad Air goes for $572 on Amazon. So, depending on taxes, this might be something people can play ( or I think). Please correct me if I am wrong.