30x reward points at moosejaw and 11% cashback

ninjasurfer99

Level 2 Member
I'm a bit of an outdoorsy guy and gear junkie and as such, love moosejaw.com. Right now they're offering triple reward points (up to 50k) on everything except gift cards and a few brands like patagonia. You can also get 11% cashback by the shopathome 110% guarantee, compared to active junky which is currently at 10%.

3000 reward points = 30 dollars on moosejaw so if you spent just shy of 1700 dollars you'd get about 185 dollars from shopathome and 50k reward points worth about 500 dollars on moosejaw. One caveat; they have a special section to redeem moosejaw rewards and the prices are always very high there. Everyonce in a while though they allow you to redeem a certain amount for actual cash that can be used at the regular online store. Right now the promotion is 3,000 points takes 30 dollars off.

I'm a little bummed that they no longer have gopro cameras in stock, I feel like that would have been an easy resell. They have some high end electronic equiptment you might be able to resell but I have no knowledge in this area as I haven't gone down that road yet. If you like gear though, this is a great opportunity!

zceuxbhjutf

Panel 3 Member
What would the savings amount to, combined, percentage-wise?

Also FWIW ShopDiscover is at 15% for moosejaw. And ShopDiscover redemptions aren't that hard to bump to 18% more (i.e. $80 accumulated as Discover cashback can yield about $94 worth of GCs, such that 15X ShopDiscover portal can kinda yield 15 x 1.18 = 18X).

ninjasurfer99

Level 2 Member
If you value the moosejaw rewards the same as cash you'd be getting 41% savings. I forgot to mention ShopDiscover since I don't have a Discover card yet. I want to just for the ShopDiscover benefits - any card stand out specifically?

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Decent.
You could possibly try and flip the Northface's.
Being young enough to know the fads of kids in HS.
Northfaces were in and still kinda are.

MattyMattMatt

Level 2 Member
If you value the moosejaw rewards the same as cash you'd be getting 41% savings. I forgot to mention ShopDiscover since I don't have a Discover card yet. I want to just for the ShopDiscover benefits - any card stand out specifically?
Discover IT card is like a Chase Freedom. No annual fee and gets you the cashback portal, 5% rotating categories, and I think the signup bonus is $150 after $750 spend.

ninjasurfer99

Level 2 Member
I thought about the Northface's- those puffy jackets are still in, just not sure I want the hassle. Gopro's would have been so easy. I grabbed one a few months ago when moosejaw was offering 4x the rewards and activejunky had them at 15%. Price matched at shopathome for 16.5 percent cash back and ended up with 66 dollars cashback and 16k reward points (worth about 150 dollars) bringing the effective cost of the 400 dollar Gopro to 184 dollars! Kicking myself for not going big on that - could have been a great way to get into reselling. Live and Learn.

My next App O rama will be in a month. I'll look at the Discover IT card, thanks for the recommendation. I may hold off on apps for a bit as we're looking to do a refi on the home soon.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
I thought about the Northface's- those puffy jackets are still in, just not sure I want the hassle. Gopro's would have been so easy. I grabbed one a few months ago when moosejaw was offering 4x the rewards and activejunky had them at 15%. Price matched at shopathome for 16.5 percent cash back and ended up with 66 dollars cashback and 16k reward points (worth about 150 dollars) bringing the effective cost of the 400 dollar Gopro to 184 dollars! Kicking myself for not going big on that - could have been a great way to get into reselling. Live and Learn.

My next App O rama will be in a month. I'll look at the Discover IT card, thanks for the recommendation. I may hold off on apps for a bit as we're looking to do a refi on the home soon.
Not the puffy Northfaces. The lighter kind. Northface Apex etc. (iirc.) Fleeces etc.
The "stylish" kind :p lol