$25 off $100 purchase with your visa at Staples

mario

Level 2 Member
Yep. Free money! I second that $181 for $200. It is real. I just submitted an order. I checked chase.com and they told me that I had made a charge for $181 at "staples.com". So I think we will get 5x too. But it drops us below the $200 for the visa savings edge 1% back. :( Should have ordered two $200 vgc. Oh well, I don't want to mess with it and chance losing the free $25.

Ps. You cannot get it a second time... I tried... Unless maybe you have a second Staples account??? Lets check... BRB.

Trevor

Level 2 Member
Hint...Chrome Incognito :) My wife just ordered one too.

Hint #2-Don't sign into Staples.com...just go to checkout and then use Visa Checkout

Last update: Just ordered a second one using my same Visa Checkout login. Confirmation shows $181 total price....let's see if they actually send it to me.

Trevor

Level 2 Member
Hint...Chrome Incognito :) My wife just ordered one too.

Hint #2-Don't sign into Staples.com...just go to checkout and then use Visa Checkout

Last update: Just ordered a second one using my same Visa Checkout login. Confirmation shows $181 total price....let's see if they actually send it to me.
Ok...couldn't resist...just ordered a 3rd one with my same account. At first I had left the tab open from my second order (in Incognito) and it said I had already used the coupon/code. So then I closed out Incognito completely and reopened. This time it worked.

Again, I'm not sure if Staples will actually ship all of them, but work a shot for $19 free and 1000 chase points.

shoppergirl

Level 2 Member
It worked for another visa credit card. I used a credit card in my maiden name and it worked. I made sure to be a guest and not sign in.

mario

Level 2 Member
Ok...couldn't resist...just ordered a 3rd one with my same account. At first I had left the tab open from my second order (in Incognito) and it said I had already used the coupon/code. So then I closed out Incognito completely and reopened. This time it worked.

Again, I'm not sure if Staples will actually ship all of them, but work a shot for $19 free and 1000 chase points.
Have another email? Another business card? I signed up for a second Visa Checkout with my other email. I added my Amex Simply Cash, just in hopes to not throw up any flags.

Trevor

Level 2 Member
Have another email? Another business card? I signed up for a second Visa Checkout with my other email. I added my Amex Simply Cash, just in hopes to not throw up any flags.
Personally I just used the same card and same login for Visa Checkout. We'll see if they actually ship, but worth the try for me.

phantasmic

Level 2 Member
Was able to order twice and had one shipped to house and one shipped to store just for the heck of trying things out.

mario

Level 2 Member
Ugh... It loooks like somehow 3 of the orders were associated with one staples account. The other account only has one.

mario

Level 2 Member
I doubt this will fly. Maybe I'll cancel one preemptively... Maybe when they call I will tell them that I just wanted to split it up over two cards... that can be why I have two orders on the same account... idk...

Yeah, I wanted to split up the charges on my two business cards... and then I realized that I needed two more... Plausible and actually quite true, I did decide to place two extra orders after I had placed my first two. ;)

sriki

Level 2 Member
I ordered two from two different staples accounts (with two different names but same address) and using two different visa checkout accounts. However, both visa checkout accounts have the same chakse ink bold card. Let's see if the they are shipped without any negative action upon the accounts. I wanted to abuse this but restraining myself from getting banned from Staples.

PointsNovice

Gold Member
I ordered 2x $200 with my ink card. Got 25 off for a total of $388.90. Hopefully will get 1% from visa savings edge for order total >200. Total savings: 28.89 on a order of $413.90. Planning on doing once more with a second card. I don't want to take the risk or several orders being rejected and being blacklisted by staples.

hdawg

Level 2 Member
anyone this this will work with the amex sync staples.com offer? I have 2 cards I need to put an order in with, or does this only work with visa cards?

hdawg

Level 2 Member
Just put in 2 orders and transaction seems like staples.com so amex sync should work $200 VGC for $166 is a pretty good deal. Might start working on using it for my ink cards now. dont want to over do it ;)

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
FWIW - read though this thread in L2 forum if you plan to buy VGC's or other GC's with this offer. Not worth the risk if you shop online from staples often... you will probably receive "friendly" phone call like this one poster ... they didn't get "banned" but a warning.

Last edited:

PointsNovice

Gold Member
anyone this this will work with the amex sync staples.com offer? I have 2 cards I need to put an order in with, or does this only work with visa cards?
You need to register a visa card with the checkout with visa. I don't think amex will work. But try changing the card at the last step. Staples is very good at canceling orders so you are better off just putting two separate orders. You still win.

cocobird

Level 2 Member
Just an FYI - I didn't receive the discount at checkout for some reason, but I called and they manually applied it. Extra work, but you should know this in case you have the same problem.

SeanPIT

Level 2 Member
I just got an message saying the $100 cards are out of stock. I was getting those because it's actually a better deal. And I went to Staples.com through the UR mall, getting an extra 4x.

Last edited:

Randy

Level 2 Member
The $200 are showing as out of stock right now. I was able to grab some earlier this morning, but wasn't able to add more than 9 to the cart. I thought 10 were allowed on one order, but it seems they will not allow the order to go over $2,000 now, regardless of the $6.95 fees.

Jeff C

Level 2 Member
Even the [good] $100 e-gift cards are showing out of stock for me - I tried Sears, GameStop, Nordstrom, and Home Depot. Hmm, odd.

Jeff C

Level 2 Member
Just an FYI - I didn't receive the discount at checkout for some reason, but I called and they manually applied it. Extra work, but you should know this in case you have the same problem.
Did you call after you submitted the order? I was able to add a $100 Kmart gift card to my cart but the discount isn't appearing in my cart :(

gomike

Level 2 Member
IMO better not to call in on this.

Last edited:

gomike

Level 2 Member
That doesn't make sense in this case. The website clearly states the discount is available by using the Visa Checkout. This isn't some underhanded sneaky thing you are trying to get.
Sure it does, when they do a discount like this it is never their intention to allow it to be used on gift cards. While they already knew about the issue which is why they pulled the coupon it is never good to call. Getting $100 for $80 is pretty sneaky to me!

cocobird

Level 2 Member
Sure it does, when they do a discount like this it is never their intention to allow it to be used on gift cards. While they already knew about the issue which is why they pulled the coupon it is never good to call. Getting $100 for $80 is pretty sneaky to me!
It's also rude to shout at someone.

The Staples people even apologized to me for what they perceived as their problem.

It's all in the approach. I would imagine that you would have problems given your punch someone in the face reaction.