$20 Staples Gift Card with purchase of $300 (or more) of MasterCard Gift Cards starting 7/13

RavenHawk

Level 2 Member
Since I will be heading towards civilization next week, I was browsing the upcoming Staples flyer when I ran across this offer located on page 8 of my "local" ad. Might be worth it to those with Amex Sync offers at Staples, or those looking to pad their 5x CCs a bit.

Typical restrictions:

Limit 1 rebate per household. Subject to availability. See gift cards for details, terms, conditions and (if applicable) fees. The MasterCard® gift card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from MasterCard® International Incorporated. MasterCard® and the MasterCard® Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard® International Incorporated.

Enjoy.

RavenHawk

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the heads up. The Amex Sync is online only though.
Regarding the Sync offer: I threw it out there for those feeling adventurous...I remember reading that some people were purchasing the Visa GCs online a few weeks ago (during the last $20 offer), and then submitting the rebate online by looking up the offer number. Obviously, YMMV.

Marc

Regarding the Sync offer: I threw it out there for those feeling adventurous...I remember reading that some people were purchasing the Visa GCs online a few weeks ago (during the last $20 offer), and then submitting the rebate online by looking up the offer number. Obviously, YMMV.
Is there a way to use three separate cards online when making a purchase?

Marc

Do you mean 3 separate credit cards? I'm not sure that is possible, or why anyone would want to even try.
The reason I asked is because if you received the Amex Sync offer on three separate cards and divided up the spend $100 on each for the MasterCard gift cards you'd receive the $15 credit on each card and qualify for the $20 gift card for spending $300 on MC gift cards in one transaction. You get the best of both worlds.

Fishing4Deals

Level 2 Member
The only kink with this is that the rebate is issued as a Staples gift card. So you have to find something on sale at Staples that you want to buy. I usually go with paper goods.

Malvina

Level 2 Member
Is there a way to use three separate cards online when making a purchase?
No, you cannot use three separate cards - Staples does not allow split payments online. You can try to pay a part with Staples GC and a part with AMEX but it is not advisable as Staples can ban you.
But I did the split in store during the previous AMEX Staples offers.

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
Total noob question, but I've never actually used the Staples MCGCs. Are they as easy to use as the Staples VGCs? Or do I have to set a PIN ahead of time, or use the "change payment" method while loading to BB at Walmart?

Abhflying

Level 2 Member
Total noob question, but I've never actually used the Staples MCGCs. Are they as easy to use as the Staples VGCs? Or do I have to set a PIN ahead of time, or use the "change payment" method while loading to BB at Walmart?
It works exactly same as VGC from staples, they both are issued by Meta bank and no work around needed to load on BB or Serve.

Abhflying

Level 2 Member
I tried today Staples MC GC's $200 once, and I got one issued by US bank. Had to set up pin on Phone, and at Walmart register it was not going through normal way. I had to do change payment type each time. Tried at least 3 times with 2 diff cards. All were finally loaded to Serve but with the work around of Change payment to Debit, otherwise it was giving error.

satz

Level 2 Member
The $200 GC go fast, especially if in promotion. People usually ready buy them when not in promotion. Good thing that Staples does easy rebates, if it was taken off at the register right away like at OM, the gift card rack would have been cleaned right away and there would have been gift card hidden all over the store