$15 off $100 Staples.com Amex Sync Offer

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
My bad...this is staples.com offer!

Buy a Kmart or GameStop gift card ... then go to that store to upgrade. YYMV

Kmart choices: Amazon. com, AMC, Barnes and Noble, Bass Pro Shops, BP (rare), eBay, Hendrick, iTunes, Marriott, NFL, Regal Cinemas, Restaurants: (Brinker, Chili's, Cold Stone, iHop, Jack in the Box, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Red Robin, Ruby Tuesdays, Subway), Southwest Airlines, Shell, and others depending upon location

You can buy any gift card with the Game Stop Gift Card in store, they have Shell, Taco Bell, Starbuck, iTunes, Android, etc.

Last edited:

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
Also, note that e-gift cards are excluded unless you send it to another e-mail address. (I guess a different address than the one that is affiliated with your Staples order?)
Screenshot 2014-07-09 11.40.21.png

Last edited:

tly

Level 2 Member
I find it hard to believe that Amex would be able to enforce that it's sent to another email address.

zceuxbhjutf

Panel 3 Member
Beware: IMO you're interpreting the sentence wrong.

"E-Gift Card purchases sent directly to recipient's email address are excluded." Recipient would be the recipient of the gift. What makes you think recipient means you the cardholder??? Bottom line: you can't buy an e-gift that is NOT sent directly to recipient's email address -- they're trying to help with definitions, not loopholes LOL.

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
I find it hard to believe that Amex would be able to enforce that it's sent to another email address.
I think what they mean is that you can't buy eGiftCards period, because that is operated and charged by cashstar, not by staples.com. If you buy a staples physical gift card (i believe with a $1 fee?) that is mailed to you that is billed by staples.com and will be eligible for the promotion.

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
I think what they mean is that you can't buy eGiftCards period, because that is operated and charged by cashstar, not by staples.com. If you buy a staples physical gift card (i believe with a $1 fee?) that is mailed to you that is billed by staples.com and will be eligible for the promotion.
Voyaging Doc, I think you hit the nail on the head. Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that Staples themselves doesn't process the e-gift card orders. Thanks for chiming in on that one.

Malvina

Level 2 Member
Got on 8 cards, bought $200 VGCs, all shipped, still pending on AMEX, no sync confirmation from Amex.

Trevor

Level 2 Member
I think that's B&M only, this is online.
I haven't tried this, but there are reports of being able to use staples gift cards in-store to buy other gift cards. The reports are very much YMMV, but that could be an angle to maximize both.

Buy physical Staples GC online with Amex for sync bonus. Use gift cards in-store to buy MC GC and get rebate. I think this could be worth a shot, as worst case scenario, you use the Staples gift cards online to buy $200 VGC's.

tly

Level 2 Member
I haven't had luck using Staples GC to buy Amex/MC/Visa GCs in-store, didn't know you could do online.