12-1-14 A good day to Cyber – 8-10x Portal Bonuses Galore; 57% off Gap, ON, BR, 10% off...

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member
Well Black Friday sales may be down… but today is a glorious day for portal bonuses. Let’s get into it:

Groupon: 8 miles with United MileagePlus shopping, or 6 with AAdvantageShopping, or get a cool 10% cash back. But, the play here is lever this up by using gift cards.

Ways to leverage:

• The most lucrative is to purchase at a supermarket and get fuel rewards plus 5-6% back with an Amex card with a category bonus.
  • Or go to an Office Supply store to get 5x Ultimate rewards with Chase Ink
  • Use Office Depot Amex sync bonuses if you can find the cards there
  • Go through a portal to Staples to get 5x UR plus potential portal bonus (but… egift cards usually take a day to process so you will likely miss this specific deal)
What to buy at Groupon:

• ipod touch 5th gen for $188.99 – some colors are better than others and typically sell fast for over $200 at Amazon, hint avoid black/silver as it was originally introduced with only one camera instead of two. Most returns are this model for this reason.
  • Nexus 7 16gb (2013 edition): $149.99 at Groupon, $179.99 at Amazon. I love Nexus tablets
  • Nexus 7 32gb 4g (2012 edition): $129.99 at Groupon, $153.99 at Amazon
  • LG Smartwatch $79.99
  • Asus Chromebook $199.99 (red or blue only, Amazon has black for $169!!)
  • Apple Macbook Pro $949 (13x+ on Apple, not too shabby!)
Kohls 8x Southwest Rewards; 6x USAir

This isn’t as good as last week where you were getting a very decent $15 back in Kohls Cash for $50 spend, but if you need to burn Kohl’s cash this is awesome.

What to buy:

• Check the cyberweek specials for small appliances and electronics
  • Example: Asus Memopad 7 – $79.99 but the model number differs slightly from Amazon.. could be a pain
Neiman Marcus 10x (AA Portal) or 9x (United Portal) + 25% back

The airlines are fighting over this one…

Combine with this promo with up to 25% back

I’m not sure if double dipping for the gift cards still works (test in progress)… but it did 6 months ago.

Sears 8x (Southwest) or 6x (Alaska)

I wont lie, the Sears deals have been a bit slow lately. I’ve been chipping away at gift cards by buying crappy Nakamichi headphones, Alphaline cables, and BEM Wireless goods with high payouts.

What to buy:

• BEM wireless mobile bluetooth speaker ($49.99 with $40 SYW points back). I opened it and used it, it’s actually fine as a small speaker. Some relatives may be getting this. And actually selling for $40-$50 on Amazon. Too bad its limited to 2.
  • Nakamichi BT headphones black ($49.99 with $40 SYW points back).
Staples 10% off gift cards, Gap 20% off, itunes 25% off code

Ebay has some decent deals in their daily deals

I like the Staples.. obviously :).

57% Off Gap / Old Navy / Banana Republic

Ok, Gap / Old Navy / Banana Republic have a 40% off deal today.. let’s juice it up.

1. First, buy the $100 gift cards for $80 from the Ebay deal.
  2. Now go through a portal to the store website (like Shopdiscover for 10% on Gap or Old Navy)
  3. $100 * .40 store coupon = $60 * .8 (gift card discount) = $48 * .9 (ShopDiscover discount) = $43.2 or ~57% off.
Caveat – I haven’t confirmed that the Shopdiscover portal will pay out when using the gift cards. i checked the Frequent Miler Laboratory and didn’t see results for Old Navy or Gap. So bear in mind if you want to choose a different portal.

Oh, you could juice it further by buying ebay gift cards at a supermarket before starting step one, that would get you well over 60% and possibly approaching 70% with fuel rewards….

Continue reading...