10K bonus AA miles for recent Citi AA Platinum cardholders

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you might have noticed my plight recently when I was 10K short of booking our tickets to South America. I put a hold on the tickets and transferred 20K SPG. Additionally, I called Citi and asked for 10K more miles as a 60K (targeted) offer was floating around.

Phone rep shot me down, which is when I processed the SPG transfer, and in tandem, I sent through a secure message to Citi asking them again for the 10K pts.

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 11.23.53 AM.png

Pays to ask, and ask again if the first person says no...

Suzie

Level 2 Member
I've found it always better to SM with Citi. I got the 10k before I even met spend. And CA limit lowered.

Jslectronic

Level 2 Member
I was a lucky one targeted for 60k and signed up for the card about a month ago, I believe the offer was set to expire at the end of the year and I sat on it for a couple of months to make sure I could meet some other spend requirements

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Got my 10k extra a couple weeks ago from a Chad Mickelson. I also advised two friends who used a 50k offer to DM and they each got the 10k from Chad. He's a busy dude!
Today, someone texted me her 60k in the mail offer that came today. I told her to take it....she's trying to get into the pts world but her husband refuses to open more than one cc card per year so he doesn't "destroy my credit." I told him to shut up and use Google. Whatever.
I'm going to DM for hubs extra 10k in about a week. I want to get the spend almost completed before I...I mean he...asks.

Disc Golf Guy

Level 2 Member
Nice. Was/is the 60K offer only for the personal version of the AAdvantage Platinum Select or is/was there also an offer for the AAdvantage Platinum Select Business card? As a recent owner of this card from the 50K offer, I would be interested to know.

nickel285

Level 2 Member
Nice. Was/is the 60K offer only for the personal version of the AAdvantage Platinum Select or is/was there also an offer for the AAdvantage Platinum Select Business card? As a recent owner of this card from the 50K offer, I would be interested to know.
I'd be interested to know as well! I was approved for the 50k bonus last week.

falconbeach

Level 2 Member
I was as vague as possible. Didn't mention any targeting (even though I would later receive a targeted offer). Just said that I heard that there was now a 60,000 bonus. Matched via SM and gave me the bonus before statement even closed.

APrime

Level 2 Member
I've also received the 10k bonus using the same verbiage, that I had heard that there was a 60k offer, nothing untoward. Citi seems to respond really well to SMs, and not just for this kind of thing.

the_kid_55

Level 2 Member
How long does it take for the points to post? I applied for the card at the end of December. I asked for the 10K bonus and got approved on 1/5, but the miles still haven't been credited to me account.

falconbeach

Level 2 Member
How long does it take for the points to post? I applied for the card at the end of December. I asked for the 10K bonus and got approved on 1/5, but the miles still haven't been credited to me account.
I got the bonus as soon as I met the spend even before my statement closed and I received the rest.

APrime

Level 2 Member
My additional 10k posted on my statement close date. Which was actually before I even finished the spend.

jlang

Level 2 Member
I SM'ed citi yesterday mentioning my wife had gotten a targeted 60k offer in the mail (she had) and if they'd match my new (December 30th application) 50k to 60k. Got a response today that they would!

now if they'd hurry and convert it to a world elite card ;)

APrime

Level 2 Member
I don't know if this is a Level 2-type discussion, but has anyone been upgraded to World Elite recently? It's been a suspiciously long time for me.

notwealthy

Level 2 Member
I don't know if this is a Level 2-type discussion, but has anyone been upgraded to World Elite recently? It's been a suspiciously long time for me.
I just got my WE upgrade this week (Monday, 11 Jan 2016) so it seems to me like the gravy train is still chugging along! Keep holding out hope :)

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
It's the sort of thing we would like to keep there (we had a long thread about it since October) in terms of an example of L1 vs L2 data, it's the sort of thing that when we see broadcast on the big blogs we all shake our heads. So, even though it was outed already, and therefore to some not super secret, I'd rather keep talk of it under the radar.

rcc

Level 2 Member
I have 2 cards, opened about 1 and 3 months ago - sent them a SM about a mailer, and they credited the 10k on each card.

mbo_nc

Level 2 Member
I mentioned that my dad got a 60k offer in the mail last month (he did) and asked if it would be possible for them match that offer for me. They said that they would match it, and I received the points on statement close!