100k Amex Business Platinum

DL172

Level 2 Member
Yesterday upon opening my mail, I got what I consider to be the holy grail of credit card offers, 100k amex. Yes citi exec 100k and even ink 70k, can be considered fair/almost fair competitors. Just, I never qualified for the personal 100k offer and was out of the country on last years glitch. I'm pretty much well diversified except with singapore air, so these 110k of mr will go a bit of a way.

I'll first give a datapoint and then have a question. The business card wasn't sent to my name but rather *ahem one of my businesses that hasn't been active in two years. I'm quite surprised why it was even sent to this particular business.

Is it possible to apply this card to a different business? I'd like my currently active 'business' to receive the recognition.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday upon opening my mail, I got what I consider to be the holy grail of credit card offers, 100k amex. Yes citi exec 100k and even ink 70k, can be considered fair/almost fair competitors. Just, I never qualified for the personal 100k offer and was out of the country on last years glitch. I'm pretty much well diversified except with singapore air, so these 110k of mr will go a bit of a way.

I'll first give a datapoint and then have a question. The business card wasn't sent to my name but rather *ahem one of my businesses that hasn't been active in two years. I'm quite surprised why it was even sent to this particular business.

Is it possible to apply this card to a different business? I'd like my currently active 'business' to receive the recognition.
I think it is very possible to achieve - and simply a case of social engineering on the call. Also, there is nothing overly 'wrong' with charging business expenses to different cards, it does make it a bit harder to track. The card is just a payment tool.

For me, I mix up some non business spend on my cards at times - EG I have an INK that I got for the points, but I also needed to put a large payment on for Saverocity, all I do is link two accounts on the back end, and pay real business expenses off the card from my business checking, and personal expenses from personal. It's a bit messier to track, but I know that my Business checking balance sheet is correct, so use that as my base.

What that means - worst case, if they wouldn't transfer the application to the new business, you could HUCA, try a different agent, and eventually just get that card for that old business, and either use it for the new business, or for personal expenses.

carlos

Level 2 Member
I also got the offer for the Amex Platinum, it was send to the company email (my real job) not my personal company (hobby, real estate, etc) I have no idea why Amex would think I would need a corporate card for my real job :) anyhow, I applied early this morning and it ask for me to call them for further review, I waited till end of business day, I got APPROVED, so now I have to spend 10k in 3 months and I get 100,000 MR points, I have multiple CC (I think 4 or 5) that are under my personal company name and another dozen on my personal name, I spend on both and make payments from both company checks and personal checks, at end of year is a mess but I do create a complete P&L for company to show proper expenses

raccah

Level 2 Member
There have been 150K offers floating about and I know of people who have called the number and asked for the 100K offer - without a code, and received it! All the code says is that you rceeived an offer, there is ZERO biz name attached to the offer. All it has is the code and a phone number that is all. They can be used to attach to any company u want

DL172

Level 2 Member
Anyone have any CURRENT experience with using the incidental to buy a gift card? A friend of mine just called up and was told that it wouldn't be acceptable anymore. I am not dumb enough to call up and have that noted on my account. In the past, I have been able to have the incidental cover gift cards.

DL172

Level 2 Member
Come on. What business doesn't buy gift cards for employees and clients at the holidays? And the better the client, the bigger the card. Right?
The point being that a gift card doesn't classify as an incidental charge according to AMEX.

Abbazappaplant

Paranoid MS'er :)
I was just approved for this as well. I am a contracted employee currently and used the offer code that was received by one of the biz that I am contracted with. Did this on a lark, and lo, it went through, auto-approval and verified the 100k offer is on the account. Only negative is Amex has taken their sweet time getting this card to me after being told it would be a two day ship time. Loyal3 has ticked ticked ticked away...

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
The point being that a gift card doesn't classify as an incidental charge according to AMEX.
It's never been technically allowed, so it's not surprising an agent would say this, if you're talking about the $200 credit people buy airline gift cards with. From what I understand, it's more of an under the radar thing, and people get told "no" for years if they actually ask for a gift card credit. The FT threads on this have very current data for each airline and is the best place to check for recent developments. Like last year right around New Year's United quit getting accepted when you bought gift cards, and many people got burned. But gift registry still works until the past few weeks for UA.