10% cash back for ApplePay with DiscoverIT

AGtravel

Level 2 Member
Folks, I am trying to check if the 10% cash back on using ApplePay with DiscoverIT has showed up for anybody on the statement ?? I didn't get it after closing of one statement and it was the same for a friend of mine. Is it taking more cycles of statement to show up ?? Given that Sep 16th was the release of Discover IT ApplePay, not sure if anybody can have 2 statement closes already.

cav

Level 2 Member
I haven't seen any data points of the 10% cashback posting, whether for gift card purchases or normal purchases.

There have been some Reddit posts this week from people who received their 2nd statement since the promo started. None of them received 10% yet either.

AGtravel

Level 2 Member
hmmm... in a promo email that I got , it specifically called out that "no promo points for Giftcards".... but again proof is in the pudding

haserfauld

Level 2 Member

AGtravel

Level 2 Member
funny coincidence ... i googled "proof is in the pudding" before posting and did get back that "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" is the correct one but then thought of using the "slang" version... :)

to your point...its awaiting period as of now.thanks for the feedback.

lochquel

Level 2 Member
FWIW, Those who have gone the straight reseller route (which could be consider non-GC purchases) haven't seen it either. Some discussion it would maybe first post in early December 2015?

rizwank

Level 2 Member
Warning : I've observed others getting caught for GCs and having Discover state that they will not apply to the promo.

Rick351714

Level 2 Member
That may be only triggered by large amounts. I am currently waiting to see if some 50.00 and 100.00 gift card purchases were flagged for "Gift Cards." If not, then its back to work only using smaller amounts this time.

DanT

Level 2 Member
I would keep all my receipts. It seems like Discover may put the proof of burden on us if they refuse to pay on a particular transaction. Obviously for GCs its pointless but if you have legitimate large purposes(whether for resale or not) then that receipt will come in handy.

30French

Level 2 Member
I just got my first round of denial emails (through 10/13) and have had several WF GC purchases mixed in w groceries work just fine. I also had a 481 purchase at WAGs that slipped through some how...

Reselling is your out if you really want to maximize. Big Habitat and Oren can help...