1-30-15 Up to 11x (and higher) at Staples! Jet.com ranking slips to 44..

BigHabitat

Level 2 Member

Ok folks. Remember that past post where a reader was thinking about spending $25k or so at Staples with a 2x multiplier through the Southwest portal to get 50,000 Southwest points in a hurry to get a companion pass?

Well his life just got a whole lot easier…

Woo-hoo, 6x at Staples, plus 5x Ink Bold gives you 11x total.

Plus while United is 3x on this list, Frequent Miler reports that it is 6x through the United portal if you have a United Airlines credit card!

And as he also suggests, you can buy egift cards at Staples (going through the SW or United portal) and then go through a portal again to get an even higher multiplier!

But today I’ll probably actually buy stuff at Staples, since I’m actually rolling at 11x + 12%, at least on my first $1k of spend. How? Because yesterday I had an ebay 10% targeted coupon that was expiring, so I used it to buy $1k of Staples gift cards from Paypal digital gifts for $900, which also gave me $20 in ebay bucks (don’t ask me why the ebay bucks calculated on the gross amount, but it’s cool).

Plus a $30 off $150 coupon at Staples!!

Use code 11747 online. Won’t work on tablets, laptops, etc. Works on hard drives

Free $25 Visa card with WD hard drives

Go to the coupon page and find this deal. It will try to add all the eligible hard drives to your cart. Several will be out of stock, but the 1TB ($69) and 2TB ($69) for Mac are in stock right now. Unfortunately, you only get 1 free $25 card. However prices are competitive with Amazon, so buy both for $170, apply the $30 off $150 coupon which should cover Amazon selling fees, Staples rewards covers the tax, you’ll get 11x miles (1870 miles on $170) plus a $25 visa card.

I did this yesterday so I’m not sure that I can use the coupon again, but I’ll try. Hint, if it it doesn’t work when logged in you can place an order as a guest and it may work – but obviously you wouldn’t get the Staples rewards..

Or 15% off in-store at Staples

Right from their coupon page, just go in-store and use code 20622 for 15% off everything that isn’t excluded!

You can actually buy the hard drives above, get 15% and probably get 2 $25 Visa cards throug easy rebates since there is an easy rebate on in-store purchases of these drives through 1-31-15. “Limit 1 rebate per SKU/name/address/household” so don’t get 2 of the same model” this isn’t as good as the online deal since you can’t use the $30 off $150 coupon but just throwing it out there in case you want to do both.

Jet Ranking Slips to 44

I certainly appreciate that over 300 of you have signed up for free Jet.com 6-month trials using my referral link.

(round of applause from everyone)

Now I’ve reviewed the leaderboard, and my ranking has slipped to 44 with one week to go, so the stock options are looking less likely and I kinda wish that the Upromise $20 promotion was uncapped instead, that would have been $6k cash in pocket instead of $200…

There is now one week left in the contest (ends Feb. 6th), but to get in the top 10 I really need about 1200 of you to sign up in the next day or so…. and a few thousand more to be in the running for #1 although I’m pretty sure Stephen Colber will just send a tweet an hour before the deadline and win it anyway.

But I did see some screenshots of the site in my finalist presentation and its definitely worth signing up for a free 6-month trial before Feb. 6th when that offer (and the contest) is supposed to end!

Continue reading...