United 50K Offer(s)

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
My wife and I just got yet another solicitation for these cards. We don't often fly domestic and already have one booking on this airline but no status as our Star Alliance gold just ran out due to our getting all of these award flights.

Perhaps it is worth it as we could then book some flights with these miles and by transferring credit card points.

Big question is: they are Chase Cards and I, at least may be over their limit of recent cards. Would these count? SOmehow I think my FICO is still good with the inquiries being the major negative. No point in applying to get rejected.

projectx

Level 2 Member
Yes they are under the 5/24 restriction.
See... this is BS on Chase's part. Why on earth would you send a mailer to someone who you have data readily available that says they won't qualify for the card? I received one of these mailers too, and I'm over 5/24.

ZnMan123

If you are over 5/24, I would wait until you are under. Then, I would focus on business cards--same if not better (ie CIP) yield as compared to personal cards, but they don't count against you in the future. You can apply under sole prop.