Introduce yourself here!

Will Parish

Hi! I'm Will-originally from the US, but am living overseas again currently in Sierra Leone. Excited about the opportunity to join this unique forum and to share ideas and knowledge amongst a caliber of people that will all bring things to the table unlike other forums of folks arguing or only the blogger writing about what he/she cares about. It's great to capitalize on deals and be afforded travel opportunities that would otherwise be extremely expensive. Look forward to the conversations.
Best,
Will

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Hi! I'm Will-originally from the US, but am living overseas again currently in Sierra Leone. Excited about the opportunity to join this unique forum and to share ideas and knowledge amongst a caliber of people that will all bring things to the table unlike other forums of folks arguing or only the blogger writing about what he/she cares about. It's great to capitalize on deals and be afforded travel opportunities that would otherwise be extremely expensive. Look forward to the conversations.
Best,
Will
Welcome! :)
This forum is quite unique. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay!!

SuperK

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Kevin and live in Pittsburgh, PA. I've been doing this as a hobby for a little over 6 months now and am looking to my first miles and points trip to Italy in a few weeks!
I'm an outdoor enthusiast, love running, and am competing in my first triathlon this coming weekend.

tjs198

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone! I'm in Maryland - outside of DC. I started in this game last year and have to say it's been amazing. Just got back from a 2 week trip to Maui - all paid for on points/miles. My next goal is to learn some more advanced techniques - learning about reselling from shopping portal bonuses now - especially southwest - need to re-qualify for 2 companion passes starting in January.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome folks. To the new people here, I know there is a lot of excitement in getting involved with the advanced stuff, and I am glad to have you join that conversation. I don't have a set post minimum (because people just write filler when they see that!) but I want to see enough out of your posts to get a feel for your attitude and approach to the forum. Please add something that you feel confident at in the Level 1 areas, be them travel or finance, and start engaging with other people, and once I can get a feel for your personality we can get you upgraded.

Cheers,
Matt

John D.

Hi all! My name is John and I have been in the game a few years. Based out of MSP and have done a decent amount of MS'ing the last couple of years. I love learning more and providing input where I can.

Kal

Level 2 Member
Hi I am Kate, I live in Chicago. Have been wanting to get started in the frequent flyer mile game for a while but needed to pay off some student loans first. Finally feel like I am financially able to start but am super overwhelmed by everything and want to make sure I can hit the minimum spends for everything. Main goals are to go to Australia and South Africa. So hopefully I will make some friends and pick up some good starting points and information here.
Hi Kate, I am from chi burbs. welcome to the world of MSing. If done in the right way, you can rack you a lot of miles at little to no cost. It takes a bit of time to understand stuff but this is a great community to learn. As far as meeting minimum spend, that is the easy part :)

LowHassleMS

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm Rob from SF Bay area.. I have been a miles point addict for 2.5 years. Have suffered some set backs but still going strong. My focus is to recoup all MS costs thru cashback and minimize time spend in MS so that I can spend more time in travel planning.

bushe

Hi I am Ryan, after the last two years of being in credit recovery mode I just got approved for a mortgage and bought a house!!! Now I am finely at a point where I can stretch out my legs(points). I have been doing some travel points for a few years using my GFs credit but it wasn't all that easy since she was a student at the time. I applied for a CSP card and got almost instant approval(had to call to verify my new address) and I am ready to get into the MSing game. While I wait for my AMEX Serve, CSP and hopefully Ink Plus I have been doing research and got link here from themilitaryfrequentflyer and figured I would check it out. Hoping to get to Ireland, Alaska and Hawaii from the East coast in the next year or so.

McRingRing

Level 2 Member
What's up everyone, I'm Leigh from Maryland. I've been playing the CC game since around 2006 when I did my first AOR for 0% balance transfer arbitrage. The good old days of borrowing from B of A at 0% and lending it back to them in a savings account at 6%!!

After savings interest rates tanked and 0% no-fee balance transfers all but disappeared, I was out of the game for a while. I started collecting miles/points bonuses in 2011. I ramped it up last year and since October I've taken trips to Hawaii, Thailand, Whistler for skiing and Peru.

Looking forward to meeting some more people who enjoy this hobby.

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
Hi, I'm PainCorp. (Hi, PainCorp!)

Wait, this isn't AA? Ok....

I'm based in SoCal, which means finding places that sell VR type products is hard, but I'm lucky enough to have found a WM that takes GC for MO and BB, as well as one with a working Kate. Points and Miles are my hobby, but work keeps me so busy that I can't enjoy the 600k miles I'm sitting on right now. I have enough to do a 2 week vacation to SYD, but can't find the time. One day.... =(

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Hi, I'm PainCorp. (Hi, PainCorp!)

Wait, this isn't AA? Ok....

I'm based in SoCal, which means finding places that sell VR type products is hard, but I'm lucky enough to have found a WM that takes GC for MO and BB, as well as one with a working Kate. Points and Miles are my hobby, but work keeps me so busy that I can't enjoy the 600k miles I'm sitting on right now. I have enough to do a 2 week vacation to SYD, but can't find the time. One day.... =(
Welcome man :)
You'll enjoy it here.

@Matt runs a tight ship :p

FarconMurakami

Level 2 Member
Hello to all; the name is Vince and I currently call San Francisco home.

Been dipping my toe in the points-filled waters for about 3 years, maybe looking to go knee deep now. Got started by chance and with only a small amount of embarrassment - when buying my now wife's wedding band the (non-points BOA) card I tried to use was declined at the sales counter (was carrying the expired one, not the new card!). I switched to use an old AMEX blue card I'd had for years and shortly after checking the transaction posted I saw I had some cash back and it's been a journey since then; helped in large part by in-mail offers for 70k sapphire and 80k citi premier cards.

Roger

Level 2 Member
Roger here - silver4300 on FT and other groups. I like Matt's perspective on MSing and I'm a regular reader of his blog. I heard good things about the forum and thought I'd check it out.

Luchex

Level 2 Member
Hello I am Luchex, live in Bay Area and have been collecting miles for a year. I really see how limited my knowledge is and, although I make a good miles, I know I could do better and I would like to learn from pros. I really feel that working in the miles games has open a great horizont and open my world in fascinating directions. There are good techniques yes, but there is also a mindset that make one be aware and capable of spotting opportunities. I definitely think that here I have a chance to learn the pro's way.

penncomm

Level 2 Member
Hi Guys - I'm Matt. Web developer and Youth Ministry dude from a small town in the middle of Missouri USA. Have been doing MS for about a year; upped my game a little after following Matt's blog. Now I"m here in the forum :)

Monkey99

Level 2 Member
Hellooo, Have been doing MS since last 4-5 years. A friend suggested this place so here I am. Always looking for a new opportunity. Based in Chicago suburb, you can say lots of easy ways to MS.

warpork

Warpork, here and other places. Been doing this a long time in one form or fashion. Based in the South East and travel a lot for my sales job, so get to try out new things in all kinds of areas, which is good so I don't burn out the local resources as well. Mostly focus on cash back, but have dabbled in miles and sign up bonuses. Found this forum and like the idea of a lot less drama.

Sky WIzard

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the great resources here, Matt. I am new to these boards but have been around the block a few times in the points game. A welcomed change from the drama at FT! Looking forward to sharing tips and tricks with you all.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Thanks for the great resources here, Matt. I am new to these boards but have been around the block a few times in the points game. A welcomed change from the drama at FT! Looking forward to sharing tips and tricks with you all.
Drama? There was no drama.
Just some of us trying to stop the dumbing down of our hobby. :p

Christian

Level 2 Member
looking forward to this forum...I'm been doing this game for about 3 years now. Hope I can help with some data points and stuff

...oh, and I'm currently a dental student in arizona....Any other dental students/dentists on here?

Ryan U

Level 2 Member
Hi all. I'm Ryan based out of BWI. I've been is the MS gave for about a year now. Just here to find out some new tips or opportunities.

Found this forum through Military Frequent Flyer. I'm currently active duty with 17 years in.

My main MS card is the old AMEX blue, but I do go between CSP, Freedon, AMEX Plat or SPG, Barclay Arrival plus, and Discover based on the bonus category.

Hi everyone! I am Kirsten & just joined the Saverocity network as one of the travel bloggers. I have been reading here, but haven't posted anything. I am a working mom of 2 kids with a love of travel, lots of time off (I work in a school & have summers off) to travel, and a need to figure out a way to cover all of the costs:) There is never enough time in a day to do everything I want to do, but planning travel is a top priority:)

MamaMia

Greetings!
I'm Mia from PHX. I am known as the 'queen of travel' among families/friends/relatives/coworkers, all in awe of how we are able to travel and visit places (almost) for free through miles and points accrual. This (addiction to travel) started almost 15 years ago- when I planned our first trip to Paris - all on FF miles and hotel points. Thank you, SPG :) Oh my, how miles&points have changed over the years. Anyhow, I am so looking forward to a lively, professional, yet fun shared knowledge in this forum!
~Mama Mia