TravelCon is a new points and miles conference that is being put together by some of the top points and miles guys on the West Coast, who have informed me that PHX isn’t on the West Coast. The brains behind this one are Tahsir, AKA Bengali Miles Guru and Omar, AKA Travel Summary. I believe that AmolK was involved too as we discussed something around this idea back in CLT.
These guys are really a driving force in Points and Miles blogging – and when they announced that they wanted to put something together I jumped at the chance to help them. They are doing things that some of the bigger names don’t do:
- They actually go out and manufacture spend, a lot of it.
- They actually travel using points and miles.
- They don’t look at every blog post as an opportunity to hawk another credit card.
In short, these guys are at the point where they are actually doing what they say, rather than giving a veneer of that in order to run a business. This makes them a lot more fun to listen to also!
The speaker line up is still being created, but the guys they have listed as tentatives all follow that model, so it will be a great event.
Here’s the current lineup of tentative speakers:
- Greg, Frequent Miler
- Tahsir (AKA Bengali Miles Guru), Travel Codex
- Omar, Travel Summary
- Fabio, Passageiro de Primeira (Brazil)
- Matt, Saverocity
- Jamison, Points Summary
- More to be announced!
Date 02/28/2015 (8:30am-5pm)
Location Embassy Suites Anaheim – South
- Early-bird special: $119 per person. (SOLD OUT!)
- Regular sale price: $129 per person.
- Last chance: $139 per person.
Note, I am not an organizer of this event, so direct your questions about the event itself to Travel Summary and Bengali Miles Guru.