Last August I visited Hawaii where I utilized one of my favorite types of lodging: the (secret Wyndham) timeshare rental. My favorite site for plan in advance rentals, Endless Vacation Rentals, just released a huge selection of worldwide inventory for$50-$100 off their already affordable prices. The first 50 sales at EVR can use promo code FIRST50 (through 2/26) and a bunch of individual weeks have been marked down $100, no promo code needed.
EVR ranks high on my hotel rooms for families in Europe list. Browsing the sale, I see a large selection of properties in the studios and one bedrooms at $459 (before promos) and 2 bedrooms in the 500-600/week range. I like this sale because you can select the week in advance taking away the element of risk required in the skyauction certificates.
Don’t forget to check out Armed Forces Vacation Club if you’re a vet or active duty military for $349/weeks as well.
Remember with EVR you don’t have to STAY a week, just rent the week. They are non-refundable, so don’t book if you aren’t sure of your plans. Always check Tripadvisor before renting, but be aware that these are CONDOS , not HOTEL ROOMS, so take the stars with a grain of salt: for instance, you’ll often see people give one star because there was no maid service!
A few locations stood out:
- Orlando: Could be a no-brainer if you have a large group. I’ve rented a number of units through EVR in Orlando, some closer to Disney Parks than the All-Star resorts.
- Coastal (Southern) Italy: The weather will be on your side, and I LOVE the Adriatic Coast where most of the rentals listed are located. Starting at a jaw-dropping $260/week, I’d definitely recommend a closer look.
- Virgin Islands/Caribbean: just be aware of the week by week hurricane map.
- The Canary Islands: I’ve tested the Club Casablanca in North Tenerife (view from my window is pictured above) and while not fancy, it was certainly pleasant and I’d definitely return. Next month we’re headed to BlueBay Beach Club in Gran Canaria where we bought a 2 bedroom Oceanview unit for $599/week.
- Ireland: Check out Castle Fitzpatrick near Dublin. It’s a bit pricey (around $1k/week) but, well, it’s a CASTLE. I haven’t tested the properties listed, but did rent a two bedroom in Western Ireland through EVR a couple of years ago for under $600/week. We loved the rural setting (although driving was a challenge).
- Switzerland: Tons of properties at $459/week, which for pricey Switzerland is a steal.
Any destinations appeal to you? Please share in the comments.
The Deal Mommy is a proud member of the Saverocity network.