I’m just back from Hawaii where I utilized one of my favorite types of lodging: the (secret Wyndham) timeshare rental. My favorite site for plan in advance rentals, Endless Vacation Rentals, just released a huge selection of worldwide inventory for 30% off their already affordable prices. EVR ranks high on my hotel rooms for families in Europe list.
Browsing the sale, I see a large selection of properties in the studios and one bedrooms at $391 and 2 bedrooms in the 500/week range. You have to book by September 16 and travel by March 16, 2016. No promo code needed, just look for the red tags. I like this sale because you can select the week in advance taking away the element of risk required in the skyauction certificates.
Don’t forget to check out Armed Forces Vacation Club if you’re a vet or active duty military for $349/weeks as well.
Remember with EVR you don’t have to STAY a week, just rent the week. They are non-refundable, so don’t book if you aren’t sure of your plans. Always check Tripadvisor before renting, but be aware that these are CONDOS , not HOTEL ROOMS, so take the stars with a grain of salt: for instance, you’ll often see people give one star because there was no maid service!
A few locations stood out:
- Sedona, Arizona: From $413/week, great for a winter getaway.
- Orlando: Could be a no-brainer if you have a large group. I’ve rented a number of units through EVR in Orlando, some closer to Disney Parks than the All-Star resorts.
- Virgin Islands/Caribbean: just be aware of the week by week hurricane map.
- The Canary Islands (especially Tenerife): I’ve specifically tested the Club Casablanca in North Tenerife and while not fancy, it was certainly pleasant and I’d definitely return. (If you want a splash of fancy, the Ritz Carlton Tenerife for a night should do the trick.
- Ireland: I see some nice availability throughout the fall and early spring. I haven’t tested the properties listed, but did rent a two bedroom in Western Ireland through EVR a couple of years ago and loved the rural setting (although driving was a challenge).
- Switzerland: Tons of properties at $391/week, which for pricey Switzerland is a steal.
- Coastal (Southern) Italy: The weather will be on your side, and I LOVE the Adriatic Coast where most of the rentals listed are located. Starting at $490/week, I’d definitely recommend a closer look.
Any destinations appeal to you? Please share in the comments.
The Deal Mommy is a proud member of the Saverocity network.