Regular readers know I am NOT a fan of the traditional Mid-Atlantic beach week. The prices get jacked up to levels that defy logic and I just see the money spent so much better elsewhere.
That said, I AM a fan of the points-driven weekend summer getaway. Here are some of my faves:
- Holiday Inn and Suites Ocean City, MD Exhibit A on my “why I hate Mid-Atlantic Beach trips”: rates START at $489/night in July! However, most weekdays have availability at 35,000 points/night.
- A favorite beach for DC natives, Dewey Beach, Delaware now hosts a Hyatt Place right across from the beach. A random June weekend showed rates over $300/night before taxes so at 12,000 points a night it’s a good value. If you don’t have Hyatt points, you can get them instantly by transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Sheraton Atlantic City. It’s about 3 blocks back from the beach but has great views from every angle. Starwood offers “redeem 4, get a night free”, which means you could see some real value here at 5 nights for 28,000 points ($560 in cash equalivent) compared to over $1358 you would spend for 5 nights over the 4th of July (best flexible rate including tax).
- Holiday Inn Solomons Island, MD Not technically a “Beach” hotel, Solomons Island is tucked along Maryland’s Eastern Shore. We lucked into a Pointbreaks rate last summer and had a lovely, QUIET weekend hanging out eating oysters and enjoying the view. The standard points rate is 15,000 but you might also chance upon a cash rate under $100/night.
- Country Inn and Suites Virginia Beach The hotel is new and all rooms are oceanfront. I’ll have a review shortly. In the meantime, if you have a Club Carlson credit card be sure to book before June 1st!
Are there any Mid-Atlantic points bargains you love? Please share in the comments.
The Deal Mommy is a proud member of the Saverocity network.