The speakers are tweaking their talks, the menu is set, the pre and after-dinners are (mostly) booked, and I’m gathering up the massive pile of FT4RL door prizes to take to Charlotte. Family Travel for Real Life is next weekend!
The bad news: Hyatt House is sold out of rooms as it seems we’re taking over.
The good news: Since we’re taking over I can configure the room any way I want and fit in a few more for the actual conference!
If you’re still on the fence, based on my in-box you’re wondering:
- Do I HAVE to be a parent? No! FT4RL is an attitude. It’s friendly, approachable, and firmly anti-clique. If you’re looking to meet folks who share your passion for travel, we’ll welcome you. If you like Saverocity, you’ll enjoy FT4RL. That said, be sure to review the topics and make sure you have an interest. We’re definitely talking Disney, for instance, but the most passionate Disney fans I know aren’t parents!
- What if I don’t know anyone? Got it covered. We’re having a pre-event dinner Friday with at least 12 and a post-event dinner Saturday with at least 20. If you’re coming in early Friday I might even be around for lunch…just catch me on twitter. I make it a policy that no one eats alone (unless you really want to). You WILL leave with new friends. That I can promise you!
- I’m just getting started in miles and points. Will I be lost? No worries there. 1st, reach out to me in advance and I’ll hold a little “boot camp” if you need it. 2nd, we have an extensive “ask the bloggers” session where you can catch up on what you missed. 3rd, you’re in a room full of people who have been there!
- Will Manufactured Spending be discussed? Yes, but FT4RL is a TRAVEL conference, not an MS one. That said, at least 3 of the speakers (and much of the crowd) are experts so I can pretty much guarantee it will come up.
- Any swag? Heck yeah! I’ve been collecting goodies from sponsors and have so many door prizes that it would be hard NOT to win one.
Wanna come now, don’t you? Get your ticket here.
If you absolutely can’t make it, you can still join in the fun:
- Dan (@pointswithacrew) has graciously agreed to live blog the sessions.
- Joe (@asthejoeflies) is creating a Mega FT4RL podcast for Saverocity. This includes a late-Saturday night session that may or may not include wine.
- The #FT4RL hashtag will be flying fast and furious!
Anything I’ve missed? Let me know in the comments. See you soon!
The Deal Mommy is a proud member of the Saverocity network.