- 26 Days: 14 with Deal Dad, 12 with just Mom and 2 Deal Kids.
- 5 countries – 4 of them more than once.
- 10 Airport check-ins.
- 5 immigration officers, 1 of them private.
- 7 train stations.
- 2 missed connections.
- 2 rental cars. One broken driver’s side mirror (not saying which car as the agency didn’t notice!).
- 7 hotel rooms-8 if you count the room we had to rent but didn’t actually sleep in, 3 upgrades, 0 Swimming Pools.
- 2 pharmacy trips in 2 countries, 1/2 day lost to illness.
- 1 McDonalds and 1 Burger King visit
- 3 bags and 2 car seats at start, 4 bags and 2 car seats at end.
- 2 Mommy Meltdowns: on days 11 and 23
Those are the stats, in black and white. I’ll be breaking down the last month over MANY blog posts: what worked (more than I thought would!), my mistakes (including some embarrassingly rookie ones!) and tips for those of you considering a Camp Mom of your own.
Bottom line, though, is that Camp Mom worked! Transitions were OH SO stressful, Food was more costly than planned, and gas at $8/gallon was a killer, but all in all, the kids had fun and learned a ton (thought not in ways I had intended…more later) and I return both motivated and energized…just not right now. Jet lag is a killer as you get older!