The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
On Credit Cards
- Nick at pfdigest notes that Citi is entering the increasingly busy marketplace with a 2% on all spending card. He also predicts that this could be a big year. No, not that big year.
- Lucky at One Mile at a Time witnessed a true snack “maximiser” at a US Airways club. Do you bring any food from the lounge with you? I know I do, but not in ziplocs (or handfuls!).
- Big Habitat posted about the latest Staples deals, which include the Apple iPad 16GB for only $369 after $100 off coupon. He does warn us about Apple’s 9 September announcement.
On Miles and Points
- Earlier this week, FrequeentFlyerBook highlighted a fear of an Iberia and British Airways Avios points devaluation. Kenny brings up a great point – always be ready to book to take advantage of opportunities.
- Wandering Aramean notes that some miles and points are taxable. We’ve known this for a while, but, it is always good to highlight. I especially have avoided bank accounts with Citi who’s known to send 1099s out (sometimes with valuations of $0.025 a mile).
I’m sure there were more great posts and news happenings this week, so please accept my apologies if I missed one you believe should be here — but definitely share it in the comments! Now I’m off to go find myself a thai massage.