The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know.
- Be careful when you add a credit card to your Avis account, you might be paying 3% extra if you rent overseas.
- It’s not often that I hear about a fuel stop on a continental United States flight.
- OneWorld partners are starting to see the error of their ways. Cathay has started, will other OneWorld carriers follow, with allowing through-checked bags on separate itineraries. For me, OneWorld’s protections on separate itineraries was one of the things I truly valued, so seeing that slowly break apart has been very hard to see, as it was their discriminator, whereas Star Alliance has the much wider network as their discriminator.
- Had you thought there was no longer a reason to fly Emirates, now that Alaska devaluated, well, fear not, they have announced the first moisturizing pajamas. No more will you get off a plane feeling dry and chafed. Just fly Emirates First!
- Etihad may release James Hogan as CEO. This could be big.
- Gary Leff shares a historical account of a terrible day for the US Navy and Iran. It spurred more things than just those that Gary highlighted, but, that is perhaps a story for another time.