The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know.
- A Sri Lankan play was delayed 15 hours for a very stupid reason. Here’s why.
- Most Lucrative Rental Car Promo is Back and Even Better? National One Two Free
- Myanmar 6.8 magnitude earthquake: Images from Bagan historic sites
- As The Joe Flies turns 4!
Miles and Points:
- Of all the posts I’ve read about the Chase Sapphire Reserve – this is the one I would tell everyone to read. And not because of the credit card, but rather a stark reminder
- Le Club Accorhotels is making changes… They’ll become a bigger deal with the upcoming merger with Fairmont and Raffles , but yeah, stuff to know.
- American’s AAdvantage Frequent Flyer program is rapidly entering the death spiral. The latest: No notice variable award pricing. It pains me to see this from an airline I’ve chosen to give my business to, over the past few years… but, well, I went through this with United too.
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve is alive… and so the onslaught of posts about it will continue.
- Another primer on how to support bloggers without direct credit card links.
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve was so big, over the past two weeks, that even Matt had to get his say, on the topic, even if it was a little tangential.
- Because you’ll have that fancy new Chase Sapphire Reserve, and will need to do some MS, or just some regular Ink MS since there are some deals going on, this is an important message to read about having an exit strategy.
- This Chase Sapphire Reserve has really led to a lot of talk. For PF Digest, it’s led to some introspective–nay–philosophical thought.
- Last week was Aviation Day – and there were a lot of #AvGeeks getting amazing access to some of the busiest airports in the world. Here’s the backstory.
Reselling and Finance:
- Matt’s been talking about The Framework for quite some time, here’s some more on that. If this doesn’t get you thinking, I’m not sure what will. Its really an interesting perspective as a reseller, where, you want to have a good access to capital, but if you remember where most of us started (e.g. bootstrappin’ it!), it can help making the decision to shelter some of the profit you’re getting.