The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
- Richard Aboulafia, an aerospace industry analyst I read often, shared some interesting insights about Al Jazeera’s 787 documentary. He highlights not safety concerns, but rather a very damning view of Boeing’s worker morale, and it’s evolving culture. Having watched the documentary myself, I’m torn between seeing the blatant yellow journalism and Richard’s view. I think part of it is that the “ad-hoc” folks were goaded/led, I also think it was unprofessional to “blindside” of Boeing’s Larry Loftis (Boeing VP and GM of the 787 Program). Only time will tell how this plays out.
- FrequentMiler has been busy this week, he’s got a QuickDeal that Small Business Saturday Returns, and it’s pretty good, allowing 3 $10 statement credits per AMEX card — which beats the $25 per single purchase of a few years ago. Recently it was not even that good.
- From FlightGlobal Etihad released photos of its A380 in a new livery. Oh, and for those looking for cool aircraft – this week is UN Week, unfortunately UN dignitaries have already started leaving, but still some awesome pictures floating around.
Shopping Portals, Reselling, Oh My!
- FrequentMiler summarizes this week’s great shopping portal multipliers. Some have expired, some are still left, but there is much to learn. For starters: always be ready to jump on great deals.
- BigHabitat shared some insights, some little Holy Grails of Reselling, if you will. I think for the more cerebral resellers, this can be quite helpful. I know I certainly found some interesting things.
On Loyalty Programs
- I think DanDeals was the first to break that Aegean Air is changing their Miles+Bonus program, that will mean that Star Alliance Gold status will need to be earned each year (rather than just maintaining activity every three years). This was for a long time, a way to lifetime Star Alliance Gold.
- Lucky explain’s the impact of American Airlines baggage policy changing for separate tickets. I’m guessing it won’t impact a ton of folks, but for those traveling on American’s non-Oneworld partners, it’ll likely be felt.