- Starting Out and American Airlines’ Flagship Lounge – Chicago
- Review: Japan Airlines First Class 777-300ER Chicago-Narita
- Review: Japan Airlines First Class Lounge – Haneda
- Review: Japan Airlines Business Class 777-200 Haneda to Bangkok
- Review: Thai Airways Orchid Spa and Royal Orchid Lounge
- Review: Thai Airways 787-8 Business Class – Bangkok to Denpasar-Bali
- Review: Grand Hyatt Bali
- Review: Denpasar-Bali Airport and Premier Lounge
- Review: Singapore A330 Business Class Denpasar-Bali to Singapore
- Review: Grand Hyatt Singapore
- Review: Singapore Airlines Private Room
- Review: Singapore Airlines A380 Suites Class Singapore to Hong Kong
- Review: Emirates Lounge – Hong Kong
- Review: Emirates A380 First Class Hong Kong to Dubai
- Review: Emirates First Class Terminal – Dubai
- Review: Emirates A380 First Class Dubai to Washington, DC (Dulles)
This trip was our fourth visit to the Grand Hyatt Bali, you can find a previous review here .
We were happy to be placed in the same suite as we had stayed in back in June, 2015. The position is nice, being equidistant to the elevator in the direction of the pool, and a set of stairs directly across from the Grand Club. The room itself is laid out a bit differently, where as there is a large entry-way that doesn’t really have much of a purpose, except a place to drop your key and sunglasses, then to the left is a small sitting area, desk, and beyond that, a small dining area.
To the right is the bedroom suite, and a second bathroom (immediately by the door). The bed we felt was very comfortable, and having the bathroom behind the bed offered us a little more of a buffer between us and the room next door. This was helpful, as the first couple of nights there was, what had to have been a stag party, in the room next door. Up at 3am (or returning from a bar?) and still active when we headed to breakfast around 7am.
There is a separate pool for Grand Club guests. This is by and large one of our favorite aspects. We found the pool to be quiet, and just a little bit more private. Despite it being smaller, it was never crowded.
The beach is rather expansive, but is perhaps not the best, because of the shallow location. Still, there is plenty of beach. Further along, there are a variety of activities available for folks of all ages, including a volleyball net, tot-lot like play areas, a water slide at the main pool, and plenty of areas to walk around.
Grand Hyatt Bali – Grand Club
The Grand Club is one of the few open air lounges that I’ve visited. In fact, no other ones come to mind. This is a bit of a double-edged sword as we found out this trip. Despite the fans, it can get quite warm, but that’s certainly much more bearable in Bali. We did however have some heavy rains a couple of days, and the result was an influx of mosquito. The lounge staff did have bug spray, which did the trick, it just was another thing to prepare for.
It’s important to note that they remodeled the Grand Club sometime in the last couple of years. When we visited in June it was already remodeled, and I have to say, it is quite the improvement. There is more space, and more available food options. There is also an area where you can get eggs and pancakes in the morning, cooked to order, and in the evening, there’s usually the choice of two warm dishes, and a hand tossed salad.
The true shine of the Grand Club, however, is the staff. Urip welcomed us each evening with more energy than a child at the gates of Disney’s the Magic Kingdom. Eka and Sri kept our drinks full, and even made the time to chat here and there, as they were able to.
It should come as no surprise, that after 4 visits to the Grand Hyatt Bali, my wife and I are more than open to another visit. Of particular note, is the fact that many of the staff that we interacted with, either remembered us, or knew that we had been to the hotel before. I’m not sure that anyone at the Grand Hyatt Bali specifically knew that we had been to the hotel not once, but three times before, but I suppose my standards can sometimes be overly high. I was also happy to have the same suite we had last time.