The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
- Haley’s long awaited guest post – Disney Travel Hacks. This is a must read, end of story.
- My hometown airport is getting a 787! Airways News reports that British Airways will upgauge from their ghetto (my words) 767-300 to a 787-8! The 787 service will start 1 August – so now I need to figure out how to get on the inaugural!
- Mashable and Esri UK put together a nice piece on the different Jame Bond Destinations. Really, Esri UK‘s map is the best part
- Dia finally made the jump to join AARP – and I’m sure she’s excited about what comes next.
- Greg the Frequent Miler has declared he is done with mileage running — after his last flight to London. I’ve done the whole mileage run thing, but have found that “Vacation Runs” are much more my style, like one I’ll be joining my wife on in a few weeks to Santiago, Chile.
- Matt shares his TravelCon2 thoughts. I may have had my nose to the grindstone this week on other things and missed other TravelCon2 related posts, so please share either in the comments, or send me an e-mail and I’ll update this post.
- From Lufthansa Flyer – Lufthansa’s Independent Flight Attendant’s Organization (which somehow translates to the acronym “UFO”), has been striking for week after negotiations failed. This is a pretty impressive magnitude, compared to what I’ve noticed in the past.
- American Airlines has finally announced their new service to New Zealand, and it’ll be on a 787-8.
- From Chris McGinnis – Google unveils a huge improvement for Google Maps. Offline maps!
Miles and Points:
- Seth has added Hyatt Cash + Points visibility into his Hotel Hustle app, a part of his very useful Wandering Aramean Travel Tools.
- Frequent Miler has an anonymous PayPal employee answer questions. I find this stuff pretty informative, but that’s because I don’t really use PayPal for MS… I find it to be too valuable for actually paying for things.
- The Gate poses the question: Are miles and Points becoming worthless? Having just returned from a great trip, I’d argue, absolutely not. However it is clear, he’s had a tough time going back and forth with various travel companies (airlines, car rental companies, etc), that really don’t sound like fun.
- Pizza in Motion reports that Hyatt Points + Cash rates are showing up online! This could be a double edged sword, but, it is nice to see that Hyatt stuck to their commitment to make the availability visible online.
- AMEX had a Staples AMEX Offer in the early hours of Tuesday morning. Vinh has the goods on ways you can get the next awesome Staples offer with a hashtag.
- Airbnb may be working on a preloaded $1,000 mastercard with 10% rewards, Nick at PF Digest. It sounds interesting, both for Airbnb users, and for potential MS.
- Gary Leff in coordination with ExpertFlyer is doing a survey of highly engaged business travelers.
- Gary Leff shares insight into the Secret Club for Airline Executives. It is an interesting read.
- Seth Miller, writing for Airways News shares a brief summary of the Dubai Airshow 2015.
- BAE continues to work on an engine that may change air travel, however, it’ll take a while.
Tagging Miles Posts from the Week:
- Wide open award availability to Hawaii in American Airlines’ Business/First Class for Labor Day 2016!
- Quick Roundup of Holiday Shopping Portal Bonuses
- Conclusion: Last Minute Singapore F1 Weekend aka Our New Craziest Trip
- The 787 is really King for the post-flight Passenger Experience #PaxEx
- Enhanced cashback via Ebates mobile app