The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
- Nick at PF Digest talks about how valuable a flexible schedule can be. I totally agree with him (and who wouldn’t?)!
- Seth shares another improvement on his Hotel Hustle tool, which now shows great cash rates.
- A British Airways 777 experienced a left engine failure in Las Vegas, luckily, all passengers and crew were able to evacuate quickly, with no major injuries. The cause of the failure is still under investigation. I’m at a loss for a Vegas related comment on the matter.
- Jeff Smisek is out at United. Many have posts on the matter, I thought Seth’s was particularly good.
Miles & Points
- Big news on the manufactured spending front: Get 10% cashback when you use your Discover with Apple Pay. Chuck at Doctor of Credit has more, and even more.
- Freequent Flyerbook talks about taking a manufactured spending inventory. There are some great tidbits here.
- Chasing the Points asks the question which path do you take when you manufacture spend?
- MileNerd shares a contest from Rocketmiles with the chance to win 100,000 KrisFlyer (aka Singapore Airlines) miles.
- Awesome news broken by Pizza in Motion – Hyatt’s Cash + Points soon to searchable online!
- This one’s from last week, but its common acronyms in the miles and points world from Miles per Day. Should probably be included in any beginner’s guide to miles and points.
- Oren reports that FBA is changing the packing process, and you can earn $0.04 per unit, up to $5,000 by being an early adopter!