The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
- Free-quent Flyer talks about some options for month long hotel stays. While it sounds cool, I’m thinking it would probably get old kind’ve fast.
- Miles from Blighty shares big changes to boarding at British Airways. It’ll be interesting to watch this one play out.
- Rapid Travel Chai asks – Do you have immigration arrival card photos to share? If so, there’s someone that could use them.
Miles, Points, and Credit Cards
- From Loyalty Lobby (and found from TravelBloggerBuzz) – AwardWallet was hacked! They say only 250 accounts were compromised, but, it’s pretty concerning news. Check your e-mail, change your passwords, take screenshots of your frequent flier accounts…. Ok, maybe that’s overboard–but maybe not. Update: you can find more information via Gary Leff’s post, as well as fun blast from the past video.
- MileCards shares a cheat sheet to United Mileage Plus – Of course, you’ll still be burning a boatload of points, but, anything saved is a bonus, right?
- Gary Leff shares some insight on when a credit card bonus will improve.
- Personal Finance Digest has been on a tear with his Chase Sapphire Preferred Week, in fact, he even looked at other metal cards.
- Because any time a cat and Chase Sapphire Preferred are in the same sentence, it is magic. Courtesy of Personal Finance Digest.
- And don’t forget Personal Finance Digest’s exclusive interview with the man, the mystery, the name that’s on more Chase Sapphire Preferred cards than any other.
- Matt talks about going from a ten dollar gig to a thousand dollar gig. How valuable is your time? I particularly liked Matt’s comment about Reselling being the best gig right now to scale up, I’m sure many at this past week’s #ResellingDO thought that as well.
- Marshall reports on United Airlines reporting that they were hacked. Mark this one as developing (at least that’s my opinion).
- Aviation week has Lufthansa’s fleet, 2005 vs. 2015, its an interesting infographic.
- It’s earning call season for the airlines again (well, I suppose its mostly over now). Wandering Aramean highlights some challenges ahead from carriers like Spirit. I suppose they get lots of passengers, despite the headache inducing livery…
Wandering Aramean shares the flight diversion of CX884. It certainly provides insight into how folks react to alot of unsureness… It’s easy to say you’d be cool under pressure, but, you never know until you’re in it (or so I think).