The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
- Seth reports the next cool Fifth Freedom Route for a UAE based airline. Hungary would certainly be an interesting place to do a stop-over.
- Scott shares a balanced review of the new Emirates Business Class seat. Not great, not horrible, but I still side with the opinion – if JAL and others can stuff as many as 7 seats across, without people having to climb over one another, then why can’t Emirates?
- Seth reports – more American Airlines’ expansion from LAX. I’m still sitting here on the East Coast wishing we’d get some Asia connectivity beyond JFK, ORD, and BOS.
- Rapid Travel Chai asks – is AF 775 Air France’s worst flight? Having never flown AF, I can’t speak to it, but, based on the timing, it certainly sounds less than ideal, and like an enforced fasting in advance of most of the flying.
- Airways News Interviews United’s VP of Networks. It’s long read, but worth your time, especially on a Friday.
- Frequent Miler shares an important pronunciation lesson – all the different ways to pronounce Qatar. The Airlines, the Country, the story. I’ve flown Qatar a bunch (and do enjoy flying them), and the airline tends to pronounce in the UK manner, for what its worth.
- Gary shows how you can win the fare rules game with American.
- Becky shares the place where you can get a License to Chill. This is definitely a place I’d love to visit, not just because I’m a huge Jimmy Buffett fan.
Miles and Points:
- Press release courtesy of Personal Finance Digest – The Points Guy and Chase Sapphire Preferred finally tie the knot. I suspect my invitation got lost in the mail.
- Anbang drops out of the bidding for Starwood. The drama is over (or so we think). Kiss your Starwood Preferred Guest points and Westin Heavenly beds good bye! (Ok, maybe the beds will stay!)
- Money Meta Game shares the basics of gift card arbitrage – it’s a good refresher.
- Amazon’s having some issues with their Fulfillment Centers being overly full. A couple of weeks ago they started restricting shipments of specific products, now they are offering free removal of products you want to pull back. This is something to jump on, if there’s anything you’ve been thinking about. Its only $0.50 savings, but, never hurts.
Tagging Miles Posts:
- Price mistakes are a lot like mistake fares
- PSA: Always Inspect Returns Immediately! #Reselling
- Travel Review:
- Alaska demolished their award chart for Emirates, but it doesn’t necessarily make all that much sense when you look at their messaging (at least to me).
- We even got the gang together on short notice to record a Saverocity Observation Deck Podcast on the whole devaluation!