Happy New Year!!
The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
- From USA Today – The German Court has ruled against Etihad and Air Berlin codeshares. This is unfortunate, as it impacts a number of routes, and is part of Etihad’s Partnership strategy
- Kat shares a start-up firm offering essentially day rooms. Hotel by Day. It’s an interesting business model that could work for folks with long layovers that want to get out, explore the city, but maybe not the entire time.
Miles and Points:
- Gary Leff is answering travel questions. I always find it interesting to read through the comments. There are some particularly insightful answers.
- Lucky asks whether Airlines are killing the Golden Goose. It’s an interesting argument.
- Marshall Jackson shares his perspective on Airline Loyalty in 2016. It is an interesting read. I suspect the comments will provide some further color to the topic.
- Joe shares deep thoughts on expensive hot cocoa and ice skating, which makes me think of a a post earlier this month by Matt, about how spending money is hard.
- Oren shares his 2015 year in review. I think he highlights a lot of things, at at least one of the reasons I seldom share deals on TaggingMiles. Definitely for me, I try to share information and teach folks to fish.
- Just in case you missed it, earlier this year, Air Koryo’s flight attendants upgraded their uniforms.
- And if you got a drone for Christmas, here’s what you need to do to stay in the FAA’s good graces.
TaggingMiles Posts of the Week:
- A new A380 Operator, coming soon – ANA to buy 3 Airbus A380’s! Wondering what type of livery it will be.
- 8 Confessions before the New Year
- My 2015 Year in Travel
- My Pick for the Best Carry-On Going
- End of Year Reminder: Use American Airlines Business Extra Points! Might be over come by events for 2015 but that doesn’t mean you can’t start thinking about maximizing this year.
- End of Year Reminder: Don’t forget to maximize Quarterly Offers! Might be over come by events for 2015 but that doesn’t mean you can’t start thinking about maximizing this quarter.