Wyndham Rewards Changes- Might make the CC useful?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
There have been a few writeups today about the changes to the Wyndham program. It might make the Wyndham CC useful for hotel stays. See Frequent Miler's post here: http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2015/03/31/wyndham-15000-points-per-night-anywhere/

I think I might go ahead and get the card, 3 stays at a top tier Wyndham definitely isn't a bad signup bonus. Thoughts?
It's great value. But I really doubt this pricing will last. Get on it fast, and don't be disappointed if they move the goalposts on you.

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
It's great value. But I really doubt this pricing will last. Get on it fast, and don't be disappointed if they move the goalposts on you.
Agreed. I hope I'm wrong but if their history is any indicator, Wyndham will pull the rug out from under you.

Abbazappaplant

Paranoid MS'er :)
I applied and was approved. I figure if all works out, then great, trip to hawaii. If not, I'll figure out a way to use the 3 free nights. I will be booking fast, I'll tell you that much.

jd13

Level 1.75 Member
Just did an AOR on Friday, had I seen this I probably would have pulled the trigger instead of getting my 2nd Arrival.

I hope the CC bonus sticks around (or gets better).

dukewake

Level 2 Member
I read it on million mile secrets, supposedly the offer language has it in the terms and conditions:

Code:
http://millionmilesecrets.com/2015/05/04/how-to-get-3-free-nights-worth-900-with-the-new-wyndham-hotel-card/
Can you post a link? I'm now seeing 30K with 15K anniversary.

Last edited by a moderator:

smittytabb

Staff member
I have yet to find a link that has the 15K after spending $1K. Wyndham Rewards? Not a fan. Points expire after 4 years and you can't do anything to extend them beyond 4 years. However, they will expire sooner (in 18 months) of not earning or spending points. Mine were gone sooner. Wonder if the credit card or the new T & Cs will change that.

Dwater

Level 2 Member
I have yet to find a link that has the 15K after spending $1K. Wyndham Rewards? Not a fan. Points expire after 4 years and you can't do anything to extend them beyond 4 years. However, they will expire sooner (in 18 months) of not earning or spending points. Mine were gone sooner. Wonder if the credit card or the new T & Cs will change that.
Its right here

barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2152&cellNumber=12&prodidreq=CCVVS64804&referrerid=Slider2015&eid=wrt:slider4:credit_card:3_free_nights

Andrew Beall

Level 2 Member
I applied and was approved today. I never thought twice about Wyndham until their reward changes and increased bonus. The fact that their all-inclusive properties are included sold me.

road2elysium

Level 2 Member
I applied and was approved today. I never thought twice about Wyndham until their reward changes and increased bonus. The fact that their all-inclusive properties are included sold me.
Applied and approved today as well. Hope it lasts for at least a few months. First Comenity card and already wondering if there's a possible downgrade option, for when the eventual devaluation happens, a la Club Carlson.

Dwater

Level 2 Member
Exactly its a great deal, even if you used it at the better properties in the US its still a decent deal

With the all-inclusive properties..... well, I cant think of too many hotel CC apps where you could get 1-2K of value.

The following blog was posted yesterday

https://saverocity.com/thedealmommy/2015/05/11/wyndham-credit-card/

As you can see by the comments at the end we had a cordial difference of opinion! ;-)

The vast majority of MS things are normally exploiting short term opportunities.

You take advantage and move on to the next.

What also makes this a decent opportunity is that Barclays doesn't have that many cards and they seem to only pull from TU which most of the others don't. I just don't see it as a wasted pull if you have a decent shot of being approved.

lpaca

Level 2 Member
We just got one of these tonight. The 45k after 1k spend is pretty good, considering we're planning to use it in Miami in December when the nights go for $700+ each (we'd like pay $200ish on hotwire/priceline otherwise). What I like about this card is that the 45k pts and 15k anniversary bonus don't need to be used within 1 year. I think the points expire in 4 years so that gives us more time to save up some points to use on a longer stay (vs. IHG/Hyatt cards which have to be used within each year). Also, though spending 7.5k for a free night isn't always the best (opp. cost of $150), it's worth considering for specific redemption options.

The all-inclusives resorts don't get the best reviews so we'll probably use these on places like NYC, Miami, or Dolce properties once they add them.