WWYD: Bali> Singapore or Papeete>Auckland?

Which cruise would you pick?

• PPT

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Bali

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Eww... a Cruise

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Looking for input on Crystal Cruises, Anyone been? I'm looking at booking either the Symphony or Serenity - any pros/cons of these or good routes to consider?

We can go on almost any cruise from the two, but have to balance out getting there/bringing the little one.

Last edited:

smittytabb

Staff member
Anyone been? I'm looking at booking either the Symphony or Serenity - any pros/cons of these or good routes to consider?

We can go on almost any cruise from the two, but have to balance out getting there/bringing the little one.
No, but I have friends who absolutely love them and are regulars. They have nothing but good things to say about them. They adore the Symphony and just finished a cruise with them recently. They are savvy frequent travelers (as in the husband has been to 176 countries). Think I would trust their judgement.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I'm leaning towards Bali due to thinking flights will be easier, plus for no real reason wanting to see Komodo Island. Wife is liking the PPT option... WWYD?

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 5.43.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 5.44.05 PM.png

NEPIC

Level 2 Member
Matt - I think December is rainy season in Tahiti. I'm sure it's still paradise though, and how bad could it really be?

It may also be tricky getting out of AKL that time of year. You may get lucky in the couple of days prior to, or over Christmas night - but after the 25th I'd think the chances of finding award space will be pretty much zero with the annual exodus of NZers heading away.

So I may lean towards SE Asia...but I wouldn't want to be the one politely suggesting to your wife that PPT is not the best option! :)

JCPoints16

JCMiling
Bali is awesome! Ubud is a great area that is quite and more authentic. Semenyak is cool but built up. If you head to Bali and want a recommendation on a private driver I can send you the Facebook page of the guy we used. He took us to great sites, very nice, spoke great English.

smittytabb

Staff member
I would definitely do the Malay Archipelago one and here is why:

Ports are more interesting and diverse and it has some really unusual stops that are hard to reach.

The other cruise sounds nice too, but if you want to go to French Polynesia, Papeete alone is not what you want to do. Take the Paul Gaugin cruise that does the whole Society Islands for that.

Also, I really love Polynesia and have been to most of the destinations on the first cruise and you will find culturally and in every way a lot of similarity. Bay of Islands is the most Polynesian part of NZ. It's wonderful, but the other one sounds just more exciting to me.