Writing to United about 5/24

smjd

Level 2 Member
Has anyone else written to United complaining about 5/24? I'm writing a message now myself as I'm missing out on the 70K+$50 offer which it appears I was targeted for by United. Perhaps if they get enough complaints from status holding members they'll opt out? One can hope :)

smittytabb

Staff member
Has anyone else written to United complaining about 5/24? I'm writing a message now myself as I'm missing out on the 70K+$50 offer which it appears I was targeted for by United. Perhaps if they get enough complaints from status holding members they'll opt out? One can hope :)
I was targeted for the 70K earlier in the year. I am United Silver. I was turned down for 5/24. Recently applied for Fairmont and was approved. Not sure why United has different rules from Fairmont, but it does and it is widely reported. Writing United will likely do no good. They will just tell you to contact Chase.

ashishsg

a$]-[u
I was targeted for the 70K earlier in the year. I am United Silver. I was turned down for 5/24. Recently applied for Fairmont and was approved. Not sure why United has different rules from Fairmont, but it does and it is widely reported. Writing United will likely do no good. They will just tell you to contact Chase.
Seems like Chase partners have the right to decline 5/24 for their cards. Some like United, Southwest have opted in whereas others like Fairmont have opted out.

lochquel

Level 2 Member
Somewhat tangentially, I had a discussion with a Chase United card salesman in EWR a while back. He didn't understand why when he asked me why I wouldn't apply for his United card, I started talking about 5/24 and having 20 new credit cards in the last 2 years. He really couldn't wrap his head around what I was saying and told me I could just signup to see if I qualified. I just laughed and parted ways.

I know he was getting paid for signups, but the lack of a full understanding of potential customers reasons for not even being able to signup for a Chase card was amusing.

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
Same deal. We were targeted for 50K and "prescreened" I tweeted to Chase and the rep basically told me that 5/24 applied so don't bother.