Wineries Post at Travel Purchase on BC Arrival

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
My wife and I just returned from a trip to Napa, CA and we used our Barclaycard Arrival for most of our spend. Although I didn't expect it, all of our expenditures at various wineries (tasting, purchases, gifts, etc) coded as travel purchases that are redeemable for Barclay miles. That makes this card a great way to purchase wine for you afficionados out there. I suspect that other wineries in other parts of the world would be categorized the same way, although I can't say for certain. We live in Texas, so when we visit one of the wineries here, I'll update this post.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and I just returned from a trip to Napa, CA and we used our Barclaycard Arrival for most of our spend. Although I didn't expect it, all of our expenditures at various wineries (tasting, purchases, gifts, etc) coded as travel purchases that are redeemable for Barclay miles. That makes this card a great way to purchase wine for you afficionados out there. I suspect that other wineries in other parts of the world would be categorized the same way, although I can't say for certain. We live in Texas, so when we visit one of the wineries here, I'll update this post.
Nice! I've heard that some liquor stores have posted in this way too... maybe a connection.

smittytabb

Staff member
There are wineries in every state in the U.S. I suspect that some will and some will not post as travel. Might be good to have a resource listing those that do. I will try to set that up later if anyone else thinks it might be good to know. As an oenophile, it seems like a necessity to me! I am really curious how many domestic and international ones would. Have actually visited over 50 wineries around the world, but of course did not have the Arrival+ for any of those visits. Will start using from now on. @SicEmBear, I am curious which ones in Napa worked.

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
Would love to know which ones posted as travel. Those wine club shipments add up :)
There are wineries in every state in the U.S. I suspect that some will and some will not post as travel. Might be good to have a resource listing those that do. I will try to set that up later if anyone else thinks it might be good to know. As an oenophile, it seems like a necessity to me! I am really curious how many domestic and international ones would. Have actually visited over 50 wineries around the world, but of course did not have the Arrival+ for any of those visits. Will start using from now on. @SicEmBear, I am curious which ones in Napa worked.
Below is a quick screen grab from my Barclay Rewards Redemption page. Enjoy! Perhaps this could be the start of a very nice database if we got the word out to all travelers who frequent Napa and other wineries all over the world. By the way, in case anyone is interested, Swanson was our favorite. If you go, it is by reservation only, so call first. They aren't extra pricey or anything, just very personable and hospitable. They also have a nice selection of sweeter wines if you enjoy that.
upload_2014-11-13_15-57-13.png