Wide open AS award seats not showing on AA

cavil

Level 2 Member
I'm trying to complete an award booking with AA: SEA-SFO-HND in F. Snagged 2 JAL F's for SFO-> HND in June 2017. The AA phone agent says there's zero availability (F or coach!) on AS for the SEA-SFO leg. Logged into my AS account to start a dummy award booking and it is wide open---all 8 nonstops that day have 2+ award seats in F and coach (pardon my french). None of these display on the AA site.

Anyone have experience with this? Can a skilled AA phone agent manually access them?

cavil

Level 2 Member
Unfortunately not. AA shows no direct award flights from SEA to SFO. There's some ridiculous connections through LAX which are non-starters for me. We'll end up paying for a convenient connecting flight to SFO ourselves. Probably give Virgin America a try.

cavil

Level 2 Member
OAK and SJC are co-terminals, do these work? That might be an option.
I'm with you. I looked at those as well. AA is offering me rubbish like this:
SEA 8:30am -> BUR 11:00am
BUR 2:15pm -> SJC 3:22pm
I need to connect to a JAL F flight to HND that leaves SFO at 4:10pm.

I just ended up paying for a direct AS flight using gift cards bought using the AMEX platinum flight expense benefit.

nayrb3

Level 2 Member
Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but....every time I search AA.com for award seats on AS, I see literally nothing. Nada. Not even one option to chose AS. There is no (very little) AA award availability (very well known), but usually AS comes up with some routings, especially on the west coast where I am. Anyone else seeing something different? Is AS withholding seats due to the merger or something?

TProphet

Level 2 Member
Are you seeing low availability on Alaska's site that doesn't match up with the availability on AA? Availability at non-saver levels isn't bookable with American.