Who's joining Citi Premier signup bandwagon today?

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Most blogs were taunting to go after Citi Premier CC by today before something changes from tomorrow. I don't have one and didn't plan to apply as I value Chase UR more currently.

But am now curious if this is like the Citi 100k executive offer (good old 2014!) kind of deal that if we miss now, then it won't come back for a long time?

aviator8

Level 2 Member
i did it yesterday. I am going to cancel prestige in a few months and wanted to keep my TYP's. This lets me keep them under premier and add some.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Um
i did it yesterday. I am going to cancel prestige in a few months and wanted to keep my TYP's. This lets me keep them under premier and add some.
Ummn...this reminds me, my prestige CC will hit AF in May. I do have high CL on it, so it's better to apply for Premier today and hope it will be approved. I can then close Prestige later.

I thought of applying for CSP too, but if it's 5/24 rule is strictly enforced, then I won't waste another credit inquiry on it. I obviously opened more than 5. Did anybody try inspite of it?

druiddation

Level 2 Member
I did last night and was approved. I want to do the Citigold checking bonus and Prestige card soon. They didn't give me that great of a credit limit so I called right away to see about moving some of the CL from my Citi Dividend card to this one, as I was going to use it to fund the checking account. I had read that Citi sometimes does a hard pull when transferring of increasing credit limits so I thought being on the same day might help, but they said that's not allowed. I'd forgotten how customer unfriendly some of Citi's rules can be. The CSR was very nice but wasn't something he could do, whereas it seems a very easy process with Chase and Amex.

Benqzh

Level 2 Member
If you want to cancel primier before AF, that's fine. But if you want to keep one card, prestige is much better than premier.

nickel285

Level 2 Member
I had read that Citi sometimes does a hard pull when transferring of increasing credit limits so I thought being on the same day might help, but they said that's not allowed.
I recently requested that they move some of my credit limit to an existing card and they said it definitely would be a hard pull, but it was possible. Perhaps doing it on the same day is not allowed but you'd be able to do it later at the cost of a hard pull?

Dwater

Level 2 Member
Not me. All Citi app slots in the family have been reserved by the AA churns.
Same here but I did end up getting the Premier as TYP seem to be getting more valuable.

My AA has dried up a bit as my November Plat has not turned into WE yet.

Thinking of getting the AA Gold at 25K points and hoping it will churn.

spamman808

Level 2 Member
Just saw on a couple of blogs that you can still access 50K offer by going to Citi's pre-qualified offer page and filling out your info. I guess even if you don't have pre-qualified offers you can still get the link to show up under "other offers you may be interested in" I'm not pulling the trigger on this, but it could help someone else out.