Which card should I cancel Ink Bold or Ink Plus?

goals^n^dreams

Level 2 Member
I currently have Ink Bold (credit line 5,500$), Ink Plus (credit line $9,000). I would like to cancel 1 card. I dont know which card I should cancel? Please give me some suggestions.

WavyCEO

Level 2 Member
The Bold is charge card so I'm pretty sure you don't have a spending limit on that. So since they Bold and Plus have basically he same benefits I would stay with the Bold. Reasons for that choice would be cause it's a charge card which is always nice if you want to put a big purchase on it that will get you the bonus points, and it's no longer available so you won't be able to get it back which for me would make that push to cancel the Plus.

TheBOSman

Staff member
Ink Plus. There is a way to get the signup bonus again (5/24 and all that, so it might not necessarily make sense), but it is possible. It won't be possible to get another signup bonus for the Ink Bold. It's quite clear to me, drop Ink Plus.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Ink Plus. There is a way to get the signup bonus again (5/24 and all that, so it might not necessarily make sense), but it is possible. It won't be possible to get another signup bonus for the Ink Bold. It's quite clear to me, drop Ink Plus.
Exactly my thoughts too

Sloebrake

Level 2 Member
Didn't Chase convert all Bold's to Pluses a few months back? At least that is what happened to SO's Bold.
Mine was converted to credit card. They said "Great news, you can carry a balance" - but it's still the same card (and I assume product)

OP - Keep the bold. Drop the plus in hopes of future churning.

kramer327

I'm keeping my ink bold and waiting till later this year when apparently year two I am eligible to downgrade ink plus into ink cash. I then debate myself though if giving up a ink cash bonus is worth it, but I don't think I'd waste a new sign up with Chase at this time over 20k-30k. Maybe I'll cancel my wife's ink plus straight up as 4 inks in the house is not necessary any more.

coralsnake

Why dont you just downgrade the Plus to Ink Cash? No AF, you can still transfer points to airlines with the other Ink or of you have a SP cards.
It also has 5x bonus capped at 25k rather than 50k.
The Ink Cash will not preclude you from getting the bonus again on the Plus.