Which banks do not require a SSN for an AU card?

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
It seems to me that different credit card companies handle approving authorized users differently.

Amex seems to demand a SSN for an AU, Chase does not.

What other banks that issue cards of interest to us that do NOT require SSN for AU?

THP

here it is simply. every single bank will add you cards without SSN if you really want and you can put one on the ones that don't request it. AMEX will request but just tell them you dont have it offhand

Phantom707

Gold Member
Barclay does not require it. I had to have my authorized user's card delivered to a different address, so I needed to call to add the user, and the agent asked for an SS but was completely fine when I said I didn't have it.

Fidelity card services is almost as relaxed as Chase, only requiring one of the following: SS, DOB, or physical address. Given that the physical address can be anywhere, this is easy.

zceuxbhjutf

Panel 3 Member
here it is simply. every single bank will add you cards without SSN if you really want and you can put one on the ones that don't request it. AMEX will request but just tell them you dont have it offhand
THP or anybody...

Any tricks (or is it that simple) to make myself an AU on my own cards. I don't like involving other people, so maybe also reply if there's success in adding the dog or something. My goal is more AmexOffers. Thanks!

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
So AU SSN is really just a strong suggestion? Barc asked recently but I just bent over as I believed it necessary.

smittytabb

Staff member
Correct, Chase does not but it still appears on the other person's credit report.
That's true. Reason I know is that I put my husband down and instead they put in on my son's (same name). A decade later he got a copy of his credit report and said, "hey, you never told me I had a Marriott credit card!". I said I thought he didn't....