Where we're all staying: Hotels

Skywardbd

Level 2 Member
I thought it might be helpful
to start a thread detailing the hotel where we'll each be staying during the DO, as it appears we're going to be scattered over the area. Listing our hotels should make it easier to set up get-togethers, ride share, etc. ,

Currently, Jay and I have reservations at the Kimpton FireSky. (We were one of the lucky ones to get in at the initial rate.)

However, right now the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House are available that weekend for 8000 points/night. We're considering moving our reservations there. (Complementary parking, if you're planning on having a car.)
Nancy

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
I thought it might be helpful
to start a thread detailing the hotel where we'll each be staying during the DO, as it appears we're going to be scattered over the area. Listing our hotels should make it easier to set up get-togethers, ride share, etc. ,

Currently, Jay and I have reservations at the Kimpton FireSky. (We were one of the lucky ones to get in at the initial rate.)

However, right now the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House are available that weekend for 8000 points/night. We're considering moving our reservations there. (Complementary parking, if you're planning on having a car.)
Nancy
I also have reservations at the FireSky for Fr/Sat/Sun as well as a backup res at the Hyatt Place (govt rate of just $103/night). Not sure which I will keep, but will probably stay at the Firesky at least some of the time. As of now, my husband is coming along, but only I will be attending the DO sessions. I'm planning to use Arrival points to offset the hotel costs so where I stay may also depend on how many Arrivals points I have to burn.

FlyingExplorer

Travel, Tastes, & Tennis
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley - Scottsdale
30,000 points per night

I think/hope it's walking distance to the FireSky.

Barb

Level 2 Member
Great idea starting this thread skyward! We are staying at Firesky Friday and Saturday and moving to Hyatt House Sunday. I am staying until Tuesday so splitting the stay works for me. Attending with my husband and daughter who will be golfing and generally hanging out while I attend sessions.

Skywardbd

Level 2 Member
Jay and I will now be staying at the FireSky. It's always so much more convenient to stay at the host hotel And since they worked with Matt to resolve the problems their original stance had caused, I'm feeling better about them. (We'll offset the cost with cb from the old AmEx Blue Cash. Love that card!)

We're driving up to the Grand Canyon on Monday, so will use our Hyatt points in Flagstaff instead.

tly

Level 2 Member
Deciding between Hyatt House or just do the Radisson PHX with points as we arrive late Friday night and early flight out on Sunday.

Maria Sangria

Level 51
Mr Sangria and I are staying at the FireSky Friday through Sunday/Monday. Haven't decided on the departure date. It's just a short hop from Denver.

ZapperO

Level 2 Member
If anyone is interested in getting a deal on their own room (say in the $80/night range) for one or more nights at the Hyatt House or Hyatt Place, drop me a line and I might be able to hook you up.

I'll be at the Hyatt House and/or Hyatt Place for the weekend. Looking to re-qualify for Diamond....and am a few stays shy so this might be a nice win-win opportunity.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Anyone staying at the Hotel Indigo? I have reservations at the Hyatt House on points but considering staying at the Indigo for the IHG Into the Nights promotion. It is actually a little closer to the FireSky.

trvl4fs

Level 2 Member
Anyone staying at the Hotel Indigo? I have reservations at the Hyatt House on points but considering staying at the Indigo for the IHG Into the Nights promotion. It is actually a little closer to the FireSky.
Im in the same boat. What rate are you finding at Indigo?

FlyingExplorer

Travel, Tastes, & Tennis
After a quick check I found a non-refundable rate for $117. My corporate refundable rate is $131.
Another refundable corporate rate is around $110+tax including free parking, free internet, a welcome drink, and 1000 IHG bonus points.

tkky

Level 2 Member
Does anyone know whether Kimpton has announced their Secret Word for this quarter or period?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I dropped the question at FT as well. Kimpton monitors that.
They've been monitoring here too :) Told me off for breaking the Karma news before it was announced... but yeah, probably more closely watching FT.